Wednesday 2 December 2009

LISA's HAIR ORCHID TUTORIAL

Lisa Freemont Street did a video tutorial of the hair orchid I did for my sister some time ago, but for shorter hair. (And she also gave me a sweet nice puff :)

The orchid turned out beautiful. I'm always happy to see readers try out the styles I've presented!


You can check out more of Lisa's vintage style tutorials on her youtube channel, they are very good.

EDIT : if you're afraid it won't look good with dark hair, add two ribbons to the ponytail, so that you put the elastic around the hair and the ribbons as well,the ribbons folded in half so that the middle of those are where the elastic is; you'll get four pieces of ribbon hanging along your hair. Grab one of these for each upper roll, making sure it shows in the curl. Let the last two ribbons join the lower bigger roll. That way you'll get some contrast to your dark curls. This should be a nice add to light and red hair to, of course!

8 comments:

AlicePleasance said...

That's so amazing! And she's so beautiful, love her red hair. Must check her tutorials!!!

All Women Stalker said...

I fell in love with this hairstyle but I don't know if it looks good on me.. I have black hair. I think the hairstyle only looks good with red and blond hair. :(

jewlover2 said...

So sweet of you to link this on your popular blog. It wasnt nearly as polished as yours but I do like the look of it and will definitely be wearing it somewhere very soon. :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Alive Pleasance : Yes deep red is very nice!

All Women Stalker : I edited the post, have a look :)

Jewlover2 : It's right like you said it's a little bit hard to get the rolls even when doing it yourself but I think it turned out real nice!

esme and the laneway said...

I love LF's tutorials!
And great idea about the ribbons; now I am dark my rolls show much less, so I will try this :)

Unknown said...

I just love her tutorials and think that the look came out very pretty!

jewlover2 said...

Do yo think you could demonstrate the ribbon trick thru pictures or thru your sweet little drawings? I just can't figure it out. :( haha

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Yes it was really hard to try and explain :)
I could try and do some pics or photos! I forgot to write out that the ribbon has to be real thin and flat in order to be able to roll with the hair...