Tuesday, 11 June 2013


I have a belt that happens to be the exact same color as my nail polish.

The nail color is Kure Bazar's natural nail polish, the belt is vintage. It's a strange color that in one way is a bit off, but still works surprisingly well with a lot of stuff. A very useful greenish shade of nothingness.

This belt was originally part of a skirt that no longer is, and now serves as help for many of my dresses and skirts that are without or with a lost belt. The skirt it belonged to was one of my grandmother's old A-line skirts that had white stitching, big pockets (!!!) and a metal zip in the back. I totally ruined it in my younger days by cutting it of at the top, making it low waisted. I don't know what I was thinking. Or, I do; it was the late nineties and everything had to hang on the hips. I think it's alright to alter vintage to make an item more wearable (and I wore the skirt low waisted a lot aroudn the turn of the millenium) but it does demand a thought or two; not to take the whole idea of the garment away. My heart bleeds not only a little but a lot thinking about that poor skirt. Damn it young me, damn it!


Comrade Von Pussycat said...

Beautiful colors!

Kelly said...

What do you use for taking off the natural nail varnish? Have you found a good natural solution?

Grande Mama said...

Actually the skirt was bought in Dar-Es-Salaam in the 60's for safari-wear. It was very chic back then for the ladies to wear when "outdoors"

the freelancer's fashionblog said...

Kelly : No I haven't (yet) but it's actually since I have not had the need to try; I stil have a little left of my acetone free Trind polish remover so I have finished that off. in the end I don't use that much polish so it has lasted me three years almost :D There are not so many natural ones out there I think, I know Sante has one that should work for their polishes at lest. But I think anything acetone free will do for me.