Friday 21 November 2014

I SEE TALL, DARK ART! - TABULALAND


More art posts coming up!
-because we need more art in our lives, more art on our walls, and art should be easily accessible.

Those were the thoughts of two of my friends, comic artist, illustrator and gallerist Aiju Salminen and producer Saara Konttinen, who thus opened up their own gallery. Online. They wanted to make a gallery with art by contemporary artists, a gallery that would not be the kind that you might dread stepping into, but accessible by anyone anywhere and with art that could be described as strange and fun and easy to approach. So Tabulaland was born. I’ve said it before, I love it when I see talented people I know have a great idea and are able to make it happen just the way they want it!


So what to put on my wall then? Let's look at a few different works.

Ilkka Luttinen: Graveyeard, oil on canvas (300x197cm) 


 
Sami Viljanto: What Would George Lazenby Do? Poster.


Suvi Aarnio: Brainwashed. Stichwork.

Katri Sipiläinen: Snall as Blood, water-colour on paper.

Tabulaland is both an online gallery and art store with the occasional real life pop-up exhibition here and there, that exhibits and sells art by both underground artist and already well established ones. The gallery covers pieces from big paintings to sketches and tattoo flash art. Prices in the shop ranges from 20 euros to over 8k, so there is indeed something for everyone.


I don't own any pieces from Tabulaland but I do have the I See tall, Dark Art! -Tabulaland T-shirt made by Aiju.

The store and gallery has been up and running for about two months now and an international version of the site (in English) will be available soon.

In honour of the launch of the international site being just around the corner I have the chance to give away a signed art print of Saara Salmi’s limited edition work done exclusively for Tabulaland; the Revelation of Paula!

To enter the give away visit Tabulaland.com  and leave me a comment on this post, telling me which piece from Tabulaland you would like to have on your wall. Or which piece is your favourite -  when it comes to art I often find I like many pieces without necessarily being able to picture me having it on my own walls or in the house.

Note that if you do not have a site or account linked trough your signature you must be sure to leave me your contact details so I can readh you.
I will draw the winner randomly on the last of this month; November 30!

(On a side note, my skirt is made by me and the shiny heart shoes are by Frollein von Sofa).



7 comments:

Andrea said...

That was a choice - so much excellent art! I will have to go with SNÄLL AS BLOOD as my favourite

Agnes said...

I fell in love with SYKSY (which Google translates as 'Fall') by Joonas Rinta-Kanto - so fun and so adorable! And the gallery looks great and fulfills its purpose - it made me so happy just to look through it :).
I definitely agree with the motto of the gallery, and try to incorporate more art in my life. It's just such a great way to do something for myself, really.

Unknown said...

I love DRAWING ROOM - SAARA SALMI - I have beautiful B&W stitched canvas by my mum of Bugs Bunny and it would be a great one to go with it. Very cool stuff.

alinore said...

Oh there were so many lovely, lovely works of art! I especially liked At the circus by Saara Salmi and Northern lights, sivu 9 by Mari Ahokoivu and Hautausmaa 2 by Ilkka Luttinen (even though the price of the last one is just way too steep for me even to think about it..).

Unknown said...

Gah they're all so good!

I'd have to go with Alice by Saara Salmi.

I love Alice in Wonderland and to see her portrayed this way...it's so eerily beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Why oh why I came to know this only now...thanks a lot for the discovery and I'd say that Northern lights, sivu 9 by Mari Ahokoivu is my fave but also Batuman is great

Em (yes that Em eheh)

fashion shop online said...

visit my blog about fashion
thank you :)