Tuesday 22 November 2016

WINTERIZING SUMMER STRIPES


Well, it's that time of the year again when you either have packed some of your clothes away (if you are the organised type that actually does that instead of having to lean against your closet door to close it. Not saying I'm either one  though, ehrm), or have started indulging in some hardcore layering, in my vocabulary known as winterizing.


I wear quite a lot of my dresses during the colder season as well paired with thicker tights and something underneath plus a layer or two on top. It depends a bit on the dress weather it works or not; the thinnest materials seldom look good that way, but this cotton is a bit heavier.

This is a cotton summery dress that I got from thai vintage store Sugar & Cream Vintage, that you might remember me writing about some time ago.

It's in mint condition with hidden buttons in the front and, like in the red vintage dress I have from the same store, this one also has a hidden zipper in front in able to step into instead of having to pull it over the head.  Handy!

But I just might (or: will, eventually) have to add a pair of patch pockets, which, as you know, makes everything better - I have a cotton fabric with similar soft coloured stripes, just a few more hues in the blend. It will sit pretty well there.

And no, I didn't cut my almost-there outgrown bangs back; this is a wig! I use some pieces on stage and in shoots for all those days that I did not have the time to roll my hair the evening before, but some of them can make themselves useful during the bad hairdays of everyday life as well.

For those who want to know; apart from the Sugar & Cream Vintage dress the belt vintage too, the bag from the early 00's, boots new and the wig from Annabelle's wigs.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool. Modelling Agencies Mumbai | Bikini Models | Modelling Agencies in Pune

DressesAgent said...

Great looks ! You should check my blog / shop also, im writting about dresses and womens clothing, maybe we can do some kind of collaboration.

Dresses

Anonymous said...

beautiful , you can find nice Clothes in premierevague.com.


bye

Anonymous said...

I like the post and I am looking for designer winter clothes.

Unknown said...

beautiful ,like it.

https://www.savnpik.com/UAE-deals/fashion

Padam raj said...

Hi,

I’m really impressed with your blog article, such great & useful knowledge you mentioned here

LED Dance floors :- We offer wide range of sale of led dance floors, lighting, curtains, equipment, and backdrops at bvisual-lighting.com in UK.