Friday 29 April 2011

RED, PISTACHIO GREEN AND SEÑORITAS


I have a new wonderfully full and puffy skirt with lovely señoritas on it. We have a carnival-sort-of- weekend coming up here and I think my new skirt could be quite a suitable part of it!

Somethign sweet happened yesterday; I was walking down the street like this when a 60-something lady in black with huge pearls around her neck stopped me to compliment on my outfit.

My jacket is vintage as you know and the blouse -that's the rather well hidden pistachio green here, hehe- is by Bettie Page Clothing.

...but what I guess you are more interested in is the skirt, which is made for me by BooBooKitty Couture! BooBoo Kitty Couture offers a bespoke made to measure service of vintage inspired clothing with lots of pretty and fun fabrics to choose from (you know I just might have to get myself something with shirtless cowboys on, hmmm...) A ready to wear collection is also being planned.

You can find out more about BooBoo Kitty on Facebook and trough her blog.

17 comments:

Frollein von Sofa said...

You look absolutely wonderful !

BaronessVonVintage said...

WOW, what a skirt! You look gorgeous!!

Mrs Munster said...

What a lovely skirt. You look so summery. I've been eyeing similar fabric and thinking to make some pillowcases of it (that's pretty much only thing I can sew!)

Anonymous said...

That skirt is stunning!

Maja said...

Oh I love love love that skirt;)

Anonymous said...

So very stunning! The skirt is so intricate, you could spend ages looking at the print. Marvellous.
xErin

anodetoreverie.blogspot.com

Kitten loves vintage said...

Mmm, what a great outfit, very "dior new look" in a way. The skirt is absolutely fabulous, what a great pattern!

Gina Americana said...

I love novelty prints & that skirt is unique & beautiful. Gracias señorita for sharing it with us!

Anaïs said...

The skirt is magical! If I had it on I wouldn't stop looking and smiling at it!

Kat said...

Love love love this outfit! The jacket is gorgeous and the skirt is so fun. I will definitely have to check out their shop. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Lovely, and what a sweet lady, stopping to give a compliment. I love people like that, they really brighten your day. xox

Carolyn said...

You look dashing in your skirt!

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Anonymous said...

Hej Ulrika,

What an awesome outfit once again:)! I'd like to thank you for your beautiful blog, you are truly an inspiration what it comes to outfits and vintage style. I also like very much your ability to "think outside the box" (if you understand what I mean) what it comes to your jobs etc. I think there should be more people who think that way:)! Klara Vappen!

PS. Thank you also for the discount code to VOH, because of it I have a new pencil skirt, belt and a hair flower in their way to Finland:)!

Boo Boo Kitty said...

I love it when old people give me compliments. Or even just that glint of happiness in thier eye when they look at my out fit.

Fabpost. Love how you styled the skirt.

You look fab!

Can i steal those photof for my blog and my facebook?

Aislinn @BooBookitty Couture

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Wow, that skirt is so amazing!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Anonymous said...

That skirt is awesome! I'm really a big fan of those patterned skirts, but they are often quite expensive and to find a nice fabric isn't that easy.

youtube EFT said...

Very artistic! Looks just fabulous! I love the skirt! Great for someone with a happy personality.