Tuesday, 18 April 2017

THAT ONE ABOUT EASTER


Easter. This year I managed to plan a little in advance (as in I beat my side note challenge from last year, did them the night before; tada!) and did not have to rely on what randomness I could find in the drawers. We went feather-free and decorated the willow branches with small pom poms. The kids use these to hand out for when they go around wishing neighbours well for the year to come and expect to get treats in return. They actually turned out rather nice so maybe next year I'll make a vase for us as well. Well, we'll see about that next year then...

And then! Once a year: Mämmi. Memma. Yum. During my thirty-something years of eating mämmi I have, being the kind of person who apparently just can't do things without having to alter them a little, come to the conclusion that I prefer mine with lemon quark, with or sans fresh fruit on the side. And this is for breakfast in my book (and most likely my book only); not dessert.

Well here's another one who also tweaks traditions. For the Easter walk Dag wanted to be a knight, not a witch, which is basically the whole thing and thus pretty much the only option, apart from a bunny or the witch's black cat every now and then. Well we've seen huge eggs and chickens over here too and if the kid wants to be a knight I'll of course turn him into one!
You can read more about the candy begging-well-wishing Eastern tradition in the some past posts of mine.

And all the small witches left their marks on our door.

4 comments:

orginal said...

Hot shapers belt in Pakistan , Digital Pen Quranin Pakistan , v comb in Pakistan , ultra wizzit in Pakistan , six pack care in Pakistan , Telebrand , naaptol Pakistan, amazon Pakistan , snapdeal Pakistan , islamic products in pakistan

orginal said...

online shopping in Pakistan | Telebrand | Telebrand Pakistan | Car Seat Massager in Pakistan | Hair Coloring Brush in Pakistan | Slique Threading in Pakistan | Fair Look Cream in pakistan | Yoga Mats in pakistan ,| Islamic Products in Pakistan | 786 shop

nadeem shahzad said...

Ecoslim in Pakistan loss weight and fats naturally no side effect. ecoslim in Pakistan best slimming brand in the world.

Alecia Madonado said...

I am Alecia,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real cause one worked for me not quite two weeks.i met this man on a blog his name is Dr Abalaka is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website site, and now me and my ex are living very ok now.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) i believe that your story will change for better,or if you have any question you can contact me here as 1001madonado@gmail.com also his facebook link https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014833723968 Thank you.