Sunday 3 August 2008

ARCHIPELAGO


(click the images for a better view)



I spent all my summers as a kid at our place in the archipelago. Now I only have time to go there a couple of days a time, a few times per year. It's sad in a way, but then again, I once more noticed I'm so bad at relaxing. I just kept on thinking of jobs not yet finished and the blog and nightlife in the city...shame on me. Well anyway, it rally is a lovely place and I played around a lot with my new camera (since I fially got one!) We have a small beach, a big garden, so many flowers and berries, lots of rocks and cliffs. The old house is from the 1800's, the other from the 1920's.












What I also like about the place is all the things there. It would be wrong to call it vintage, it's just original and old. But sometimes I take somethings with me back to my plac ein town, and then it does become vintage - like my couch, a funkis-style teak sofa from the 1930's (that's when teak was still not an ecological no-no). It was just stored among a lot of other unused stuff in one of the rooms in the big house. Of course I'd like to take a lot of other things and furniture with me too, but that would take the joy of those things away from the other members of my family...


But some clothes always make me company back to town. Last year my mothers red-and-white skirt, this year a tiny flower-patterned jumpsuit with a very dress-like cut.


On Tuesday I'll go to the other part of my family's summerhouse, it's by a lake in the South-Eastern part of Finland. Totally different form the archipelago. Over there I've found a lot of my grandmother's wonderful dresses; let's see if I have not emptied all the drawers yet. Maybe something will follow me home from there this year too.

7 comments:

Oriane said...

So charming ! I like this kind of places. It's so "exotic" for me who live in Paris !

Anonymous said...

Oh so cozy :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Oriane : Yes it sure is very different from Paris :D

Anna : It is! It's very cosy in autumn too when it's cold and nasty outside...

H said...

Vackra bilder! Och underbart porslin. En av mina störta svagheter.

Miriam Parkman said...

The nature of the swedish summer is beautiful. Especially around old houses and the sea!
And collect clothes for free is always a thrill...

AlicePleasance said...

A summer spent in a place like that one is certainly my cup of tea! I want an "old school" phone like that one so bad!!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

H : jag älskar också gammalt vackert prslin och emailjer, skulle kunna fylla mitt lilla lilla kök med sådant i all oändlighet

Miriam : summer is the best.

Alicepleasance : I'd like to have one too even if I'd never use it!