Friday 12 September 2008

BUSY WEEK, BURLESQUE WEEKEND


My burlesque box. (Of course it does not fit everything.)


It's been such a busy week for me, working in the mornings, doing some freelance jobs in the afternoon and sewing in the evening! But now the stress is almost over,I'm heading to Tampere for a burlesque workshop tonight and the Circus & Burlesque party tomorrow! And yes I will take the new shoes with me. (For those of you that don't know; Tampere is another city in Finland a couple of hours from Helsinki.)

I'm still not ready with everyhing for Saturday though so I guess I'll be sewing the last pearls on my hair fascinator (the red bow in the picture, it's going to turn out quite nice I think)it in the car...
I've never really spent any time in Tampere before so it's almost like going on a mini vacation for me. And of course I've made a great roadtrip cd with lots of rautalankaa music :)

14 comments:

jannike said...

oh, i'm going to burlesque workshop also, but in november in stockholm. i wanna know everything about your weekend in tampere.

/j

jannike said...

och varför jag skriver kommentarer på engelska har jag ingen aning om.. kanske för att din blogg är på engelska.

WendyB said...

Have a great time!

Make Me Up said...

I hope you´ll have a great time! doesnt Only Shallow live in tampere?, maybe she has some good tips on what to do and see there? =0)

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous way to spend the weekend.

pumps & luiers said...

The box looks great and soft!!! Have a nice trip!
x

Anonymous said...

oh, ditt liv låter fantastiskt och alldeles alldeles underbart.
hoppas du får en rolig helg!

kindpussar.

Anonymous said...

Will you be visiting with Only Shallow? She lives in Tampere right?

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oh! I find Burlesque so pretty...maybe one day I will get to go to a show.

Anonymous said...

...Have fun! Your box looks charming, and full of suprises!

Mademoiselle M.

Miriam Parkman said...

Oh that sounds so exciting!
When I read about event's like that I really hate where I live... Nothing seems to happen here.

Your box though looks like it can make a lot of things happen! ;)

Deveria estar estudando said...

Hello!
I'm brasilian.
I love your blog!!!
You're pretty!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Jannike : It was great :)THe workshop was all really nice with not too many girls, all tassels and champagne. Who will be hosting the workshop in Sthlm? Ajo, nu tog jag själv och svarade på engelski först...kommer liksom automatiskt.

Wendy & Sak & Sueper : Thanks, I did have a great time :)

Linn & Indie Chery : yes Ranna/Onl Shallow does lie there, but I didn't really have time to browse around town, although I bet she would've had great tips indeed...

VIntage Darling : Tack, det var en fin h elg, Inte bara festern utan också all tid emellan med bilfärder, morgonmåls pyssel och trång bäddsoffa :)

The CLothes Horse : I hope you will one day too!

Madeleinemiranda : it sure is full of surprises :D

Miriam : Kanske du måste ta en sväg via Helsingfors i Februari då när här är burlesque festival!

Deveria estar estudando : Thanks!

jannike said...

kolla in http://www.burleskakademien.se/ så får du reda på allt om workshopen i sthlm. kommer bli hur fint som helst. såg bilderna från tampere. wow! hur snygg som helst var du!