Thursday 16 July 2009

WHOAH! ONE MORE DRESS ADDED TO THE COLLECTION...

(Look ma! No hands - and almost no arms either! Great posing I have there, ey? :)

Ta-taa: it has arrived, the temptation I fell for: my Avian dress from Trashy Diva!

And it was delivered straight to my door - now that's what I call service! The doorbell rang and there was the postman and he just handed me my dress over. Why can't all things in life go as smooth?

Turned out it was a tiny bit too loose in the wast though so I was thinking of putting some ribbon in the back to chinch it in. However, after some bubbly and crispy at
Punavuoren Putiikki's opening, a whole lot of tapas and sangria there after, an ice cream in the park - strawberry sorbet and peppermint cream. Great combination - and later on a big iced latte on a sunny terrace it fit like a dream! No loose fabric anymore anywhere ;)

But for the record, attaching two ribbons just behind the waist to tie into a bow in the back is an easy way to tuck in a dress a centimeter or two without any needles and pins and cutting. Less risky, easy to detach. Ribbons in the same color as the dress go rather unnoticed but can still make a small nice detail (or if you feel like it, why don't go for contrast colored ribbons as well?)

Oh, and also, since I get the question quite a lot - I can push my pedals perfectly well in my Parikka's. It's not that hard biking in high heeled shoes at all!


(Psst. You can here me quiz at Raio X3m tomorrow on Friday at 14:00 again. Let's see if I can make one more round...)

37 comments:

Irina said...

Congratulations for your new "baby" :P!!! You are so cute!Love the shoes....as allways :)

Dave Feucht said...

Wow, that really is an amazing dress. Looks perfect for sitting in the park eating ice cream, riding with the breeze in your hair, or sipping sangria at night :)

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

LOOOOVE it! The color is fantastic on you.

Oh, and you are just too sweet to offer to pick up some tassel earrings for me! Sadly, I'm strapped for cash at the moment and have to pass. But THANK YOU, beautiful!

Make Me Up said...

oh darn it looks good! That dress has been on my wish list for ages! It fits you lika a glove! I must say I'm 2/3 happy for you and 1/3 jealous ;0)

Couldn't you take a photo from your closet? I have a feeling it's rather big by now?

Have a nice evening!

Tara said...

That dress is gorgeous and fits you perfectly - it was meant to be!

tam said...

What a beautiful dress you look stunning! x x

Q's Daydream said...

Oh it's perfection!!!! I love your little story about the waist...hehe...I've had that happen once or twice! :o)

AlicePleasance said...

Oh my, this one's stunning!

Elina said...

That dress is so wonderful!
And biking in heels is no problem. I use heels often when I ride the bike to work, I wouldn't walk all the way to the office in heels but biking's not walking and then I can strut around the office all day :)

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

Positively Lovely, my dear!

40sfemme said...

I can't tell which I'm more in love with, the shoes or the dress. *major clothing envy*

Kelly said...

wow, I just came across your blog and Love Love Love it. Love your style, lady!!

WhoaMama! said...

Ooo! I can see why you fell in love with that dress! It's beautiful!

Sweetpaintedlady said...

what a darling dress, your shoes are gorgeous too!

liza said...

your dress is gorgeous!!
You can cut your shopping bill with free printable coupons at www.clickmycoupon.com.

Katja Cintja said...

wow.. lovely dress!

Sandy De Luxe said...

Såå fin! Jättesöt verkligen!

Andi B. Goode said...

Gorgeous dress!
And what a great idea with the ribbon - I never thought of that. I might have to keep that in mind for the future.
-Andi x

Eve M. said...

Oh, the dress is beautiful! And I would love to eat those things to get some dress more fitting. Unluckily usually I have to say no to those treats for like a month to fit in. :) Maybe I should start ordering and sewing clothes of a bigger size to get to do as you did... :)

Parapluie said...

You look wonderful!

MargieF said...

That is such a cute dress:) It looks awesome on you!
MargieF
xxx

Miss Sewing said...

Great outfit!!!The dress, the shoes...where do you go with your bike??
Happy weekend!!!

Casey said...

You look so gorgeous in that dress!!! I've been eying it for some time, and am coveting it even more now! ;)

catherine_sr. said...

Fantastic! I've been thinking about ordering that dress from Trashy Diva and I'm happy to see it in action. It looks gorgeous on you, and your waist-cinching tip is also very helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Poke Salad Annie said...

wow, that dress id gorgeous! (and the shoes) (and the hair) :)

Witchcrafted Life said...

You look positively gorgeous! The picture of stunning summer style and beauty!


Thank you very much for your lovely comment, I hope you have a marvelous weekend, honey!

♥ Jessica

Aliliisa said...

aivan ihana toi mekko<3

WendyB said...

LOL -- a big meal is one way to "alter" a dress. You look stunning as always.

Anonymous said...

Oh. Love it.

Désirée said...

Georgeous as always!

sariti said...

you look stunning! beautiful dress...

Mely said...

awww you look so pretty.
i loveeee that dress & the shoes<33

& aww the bike, i been wanting a beach cruiser FOREVER nowwwwwww!

J. said...

Such a beautiful dress!

WickedThrifty said...

the dress is to die for... but $165! yikes. too rich for my blood ;)

Charlotte Drene said...

You are gorgeous!

As is this dress you are wearing!

Ruxandra said...

the dress looks amazing, and the colour!!wow.also love the bike.

calangute beach said...

nice fashion