Wednesday 20 August 2014

LOOKING BACK ON A SKIRT



Somebody apparently turned a switch and changed summer into autumn the other day. A bit sad, because I was looking forward to one last summer roadtrip this weekend; we're driving far up north east for a show at a rockabilly weekender. Well. I am however glad that I during the warm weeks came around wearing many of my clothes that otherwise don't make it out that much -this skirt is one of my favourites! I've had it for many years already; I picked it up at our family cabin in southern Carelia when I was there with my sister in 2008. It had been left there as whatever-wear.

I have some vague memories of my mother wearing it with wedges. Or then I've seen her do so in photos.

 
I wore it quite much once it was back with me to town! These are from 2008.

Here's me with Ina in 2009.


I almost forgot I got my hair that platinum! At this time it also had the baby pink sections in it. That was 2010.  I still dream about cotton candy hair every now and then. But then again i also kind of like having a lot of hair on my head again, and not just thin silvery locks...

The good thing with wrap-y items is that they fits you trough a few sizes... here's me on holiday wrapping my baby bump under the skirt. In early 2012.



And here's the same skirt going strong in 2014 still! I have had to mend it a few times as it once got stuck in a bike wheel and got torn and has grown thin in a few spots, I've ironed some supporting fabric on  the inside.


4 comments:

Porcelina said...

Beautiful skirt, and clever you for all your repairs! Nice to keep something going as long as possible when it's adored. P x

Ina - Years Since Yesterday said...

Oh we were so young in 2008 :)

Anonymous said...

You have lost weight! what's your secret? I personally prefer your hair right now. So pretty!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Anonymous: well the 2012 was a pregnancy picture but blogger had autocorrected BUMP to NUMB. jeez :D

But otherwise, if referring to the past year, there is one answer: a more efficient and well-planned workout and lots of it!