Saturday 30 August 2014

WRAPPED BIRDS


I got myself a birdie-wrap dress just in time for the last days of summer.
It’s from Love Ur Look and it’s made of a very soft and thin and flowing cotton. Perfect for summer but won’t work too well when winterised, you know, layered with thick stockings and sweaters on and so. So from now on, apparently, it will have to wait for the next warm season.

It was called a ‘wrap dress’ which made me think it would be, well, wrappable, but it was solid with just the front wrapped over the bust. Nothing wrong with that, except for that it was way too big for me to look good. So after thinking about it for about two seconds I grabbed the scissors and cut it in half in the front! Then I cut the belt that came along in half too and attached it at the sides of the dress to be able to wrap and tie it. Plus I took the shoulders and sleeves and the back in a bit too…

...and now it’s rather perfect -it also has pockets too as you see!


TO end this pos I give you a bonus picture of how it most often looks when taking blog photos in our house:

Ta-ta!


9 comments:

Porcelina said...

Now why didn't I ever think of altering 'faux' wrap dresses?! They drive me mad as they never fit properly. Yours is gorgeous, the print is fab as is the length - just perfect on you. I have to say I love your hair too, have you done 'faux' bangs?? Looks great.

I love seeing your little man popping up in photos too!! He's so cute.

P x

Trisarahtops said...

Beautiful dress. You look amazing.

Katja said...

Ah! Good job! I haven't any wrap-thing, but I do have this pattern... Which I didn't finish since I could't figure out where the wraps would go, so please enlighten me... ;) Everything well? Big hug to Dag from P (and me!)

Tonia said...

Super cute and very vintage! I love how you customized this style into something not only much more stylish but more comfortable- definitely a gorgeous piece :) <3.

toniarosefashion.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

This dress is absolutely perfect on you! Truly. I kind of wish I could pull off light back grounds or wrap items, but sadly I can't. I love the bird pattern, too!

tam said...

That dress!!!! Gorgeous!

anna said...

The dress is so beautiful Love this outfit!
Feel free too visit m? blog hair loss in women check out !

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Porcelina : thanks! They are my own bangs, just curled.

Katja: if there is a hole in the dress (for the ribbon/belt) the wraps go in each end. Here I put one at the end/edge of the fabric; the one that wraps on top. The other I put at the waist! A little hard to explain :P

Sarablabla said...

Un petit coucou de France !

Votre blog est pétillant, il me donne des idées pour mon nouveau look ;)

http://dressingdesarablabla.blogspot.fr/