Friday 25 September 2009

THE 5 SECOND HAIRDO


Sometimes when I don't have the need to or feel like fixing my hair I create the fastest hairdo in the world by grabbing half of it- the hair that is- and pushing it upwards with a comb into something of a bouffant kind of style, a miniature beehive. Super Kawaii Mama has a tutorial on how to achieve the look without backcombing, by tucking some hair under itself in order to achieve some height; you can also avoid back combing by putting a hair rat/sponge roll in, but that's all to hi-fi for this. I go casual : grab, twist and push. Take half of your hair and twist it about halfway around itself and press a comb in tightly from underneath, upwards. You can actually get the hair pretty big!

It's a good 'do if my hair is still damp from washing it, or a bit fly and dull. It works just like that and truly does not take longer than 5 seconds, but if you want some more flair curl the ends of your hair. Or add a ribbon. Then you have to add a couple of minutes but you still get away pretty easy.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I'll definitally try this soon!

iida said...

I'll have to try this one, especially since my hair is finally long enough for styling!

There's a little something for you over on my blog...

WendyB said...

I doubt I could manage that if you gave me five hours! Too beautiful...

Intrinsically Florrie said...

Your hair is beautiful, and the way you've styled it here is lovely.

Florrie x

The Black Opal said...

Thank you so much for posting! You have taught me how to make the most amazing and easy hairdos!

Maria

Riikka Aaltonen said...

That's lovely!
I'd try it instanly if I had longer hair.

Elina said...

Tjusigt och enkelt! Den ska jag prova en dag :)

tam said...

Beautiful! How do you keep your hair in such good condition? I had bleached hair and it never looked as good condition as yours! x

Anonymous said...

ooh this hair looks great! i will deffinately try this soon1 x

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea! Sometimes my hair gets a little flat, and that is the perfect way to give it some life. Thanks!

Cheers!
~Paige

Sherin said...

The hairstyle looks great. I can't wait to try it out!

AlicePleasance said...

I wish I was so good with hairdos as you are! You always look perfect :-)

Frollein von Sofa said...

...simply wonderful !

pumps & luiers said...

great tip - does your hair have these natural curls? My is veru straight, I dream of curls ;)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Tam : my hair tends to go dry after years f bleaching but I use lots and lots of salon products to keep it in shape; hair masks and leave in balm. My hairdresser does wonder how my hair still is so thick.

Sue : I have striaght hair too, I just curl the ends! Sometimes by heat (rollers or iron) but I try to pincurl it as much as possible since the heat damages it quite much.

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

Such a beautiful hairstyle. I love it and the pictures are just as alluring as your "do."

Have a great day, my dear.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! I just found your blog. Your hairstyles are such a wonderful inspiration to try different hair styles on my hair. Thank you for your great demonstrations and pictures! Absolutely stunning and beautiful!!!! :) -k

Jae Manolo said...

fabulous

Linnéa Ingrid said...

I love your hair!