Sunday 6 September 2009

BY THE OCEAN, BY THE SEA

Every third weekend I work 12 hours a day in the harbour, in order to have the week after that free. Not a bad deal, really. Those Sundays are spent in the largest harbour in Finland mostly just looking out at the sea and the islands, with our summerhouse just around the corner, since the day tends to be real easy after the first busy hours. The Baltic Sea is not exactly a big one, but you still cannot see beyond the horizon. And if I would be as small as a ladybird it would be huge as an ocean.

I think Hawley is worth a listen, at least on Sundays when one tends to go soft. Some years ago a journalist reviewed Hawley's album saying this is what all music nowadays would sound like if the Beatles would never have been.

7 comments:

LilyD said...

Nice song1

Unknown said...

lOVING THE BLOG
visit mine https://studdedstreet.blogspot.com

Rosie Unknown said...

Love the song! 12 hour days sound majorly insane and intense, I have no idea how you cope with it.

maria said...

Oh my gosh, I love Richard Hawley so much!
I love listening to him while sitting on the beach of the Pacific Ocean.

Enkeli said...

Nice song and funny to find it's made in Barcelona ; )

reckless daughter said...

I love Richard Hawley (but I tend to like the more upbeat tracks of his) that's a weird comment that that journalist made. I don't think I agree with it. though his stuff is quite obviously retro :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Enkeli : It's not theofficial video but I think this on suits the song better!

Reckless Daughter : Yes it's a pretty weird comment! I'm not sure what he ment with it, but he did like the record, so in one way I liked the saying, but just like you I'm not sure that I can agree with it :)