Friday 12 March 2010

BAGS BAGS BAGS

I get lucky with bags. Always.
If I go to a thrift store or flea market or wherever and find nothing of interest I still always find a couple of good bags. I am like the mountain when it comes to bags and purses, they go all Muhammed and come to me. (I'm also really good at metaphores don't you think?)

Last week I wrote about newly found shoes, this week it's about newly found or received bags. (They also happen to go very well with the new shoes, all of them).

This bag is a new favorite of mine, I think it's just amazing! Stumbled upon it on a quick pop-by at UFF one day at town. I'm in love with it's details.


My grandparents recently moved out of their flat (this might have a connection with my mint green Smeg to be *hint hint*) and my grandmother handed me this bag she'd dug out of her closet when Eddi and I stopped by for coffee. You know all like "oh hey btw here you go, have this" and I go "well yes please". Yes please indeed! (The polka dot pencil skirt is made for me by Olivia Rouge.)


This hand made beautiful feathered clutch is a gift from LouLou Bontemps. Isn't is pretty? You may remember me mentioning her purses earlier here.

(The velvet evening gown is from the thirties, also an 'I am the mountain thing' as it was just handed to me. You've seen it on me in our Atelieri Haapala Halloween portait.)

14 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

wow! they are amazing! I LOVE the black one the most! such a great shape :o)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Q's Daydream : thank you. It really is marvelous, but the picture doesn't do it that much justice since it's triangle like shape, when seen from the side, does not show.

Eveliina said...

I seem to have the same ability to always find a bag or two or three, or four like last time...) even though there's absolutely Nothing interesting in the (thrift)store...
If this goes on, we are going to need a bigger apartment and I'm not sure if that's an option...

L<3VE the first one, BTW!

xoxo, Prefecta
Another Fab Day

Leia said...

Love all your new bags!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the vintagey look of these!! Especially love the feathered piece and want to give a tip to your readers. If you can't afford the fancy feathered bags that are getting so popular, visit www.seecatecreate.wordpress.com to find out how to make a vintage inspired feathered clip you can attach to any clutch or jacket! So HOT!!!

Rosie Unknown said...

Wow, I absolutely adore the feather clutch! So glamourous :)

CherryRosie said...

What a lucky gal! They are all gorgeous

Malayka said...

Ohhh I especially love the first bag! You're very lucky (having said that I'm practically drowning in a sea of bags too!).

www.janetteria.com said...

Love the last one!

Kitten loves vintage said...

Great bags, especially the first one...I wish I had a few more relatives with cupboards full of treasures coming my way, you are so lucky!

Andrea Eames said...

You definitely have a certain magic when it comes to bags! I love the clutch.

Andrea xx

Lisa Jones said...

Hello my lovely! Thank your for the mention of your Loulou Bontemps clutch, I always get a great response from your fabulous blog. I am working on a new collection which I think would compliment your gorgeous burlesque/pin up girl look. Would you mind mailing me your address again so I could pop in the post for you? If you like it, I'd love a review! Let me know
x Big love
Loulou
loulou@louloubontemps.com

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Love that black clutch!

Sanni said...

Love the clutch and especially the dress!