Tuesday 2 March 2010

~

edits,
updates
& such stuff

and more questions if you so like


As pretty as the cardigan is, I decided not to buy it it - over 100 euros is still quite a lot. Of course, now that I decided not to get it, it suddenly feels like I've saved, or even been given 108€ to spend on anything with a price below that. Strange logics you may think, but that's the way it goes.

So I decided on buying a new camera. It does cost eight times as much as the cardigan, but I get it for five times as much. So here again I go gain, saving money! You may think this does not make much sense, or that the two things aren't even connected, but in a strange way it does, and in a strange way the are..

Then I've been getting some questions about my job. And such. And my car underneath all that snow.

How do I know it's my car under there?
Well, I sure hope it is - since that's where I left it :) And I've been checking up on it every now and then, to see it's still OK under there.

How do I get around?
Fortunately we have rather well-working public transportation here in Helsinki. (Although today bus drivers will go on strike. About the only bus line affected in the Helsinki traffic is the one I take to the harbour. Great.) And in winter, this one at least, it's probably easier without a car - I'd say 50% of all parking spaces are gone due to the snow, and it's easy to get stuck in it (the snow). At least if you live in the centre like me. This will btw be my last winter in the centre of town, but more on that later.

Was that me in the pick in the winter post?
Yes. That's how I look at work. I remember someone sometimes ask for an "outfit" post from work. Well there it was. In minus 20 celcius, may I add.

Do I/we at work have to stay out all day long?
That depends on our ships but the maximum is about three hours. Which is a lot in winter of course. I have a lot of things to do in my office too so I have to stay indoors more than the others. Have to, in summer. Can, thank god, in winter :)

The winged-sweater in this post is from H&M, from December last year.

Well anyway, if there are any questions troubling your head you may ask them now and I'll answer them next week! Time to ask until then!

Oh, and a little update on the updates:
if you're a frequent reader and commenter and I for some reason haven't added you to my blogroll and you'd like to be there, please let me know. I'm a bit un-organized when it comes to these things!

12 comments:

jewlover2 said...

*chuckle* you are all kinds of cute w/ your 'buying logic'. I had a spell of that myself, today. I went to PUG to buy a lip gloss and decided that since the shipping amounted to more than the item, I needed something to go w/ it. So I added a cute little top to my cart, which made the shipping make more sense. But in the end, I talked myself out of it altogether. So now, yes, I feel like I have extra money hanging around...

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Jewlover2: Haha yes :) I do that a lot too, add some extra stuff so that the shipping fee would feel smarter indeed... And sometimes I manage to un-click them too.

Clare said...

Oh thank you for answering my question about how you get around. Thank goodness for efficient public transport. That would never work here - very lucky we don't get car covering levels of snow!

I never miss reading one of your posts and comment whenever I have something vaguely interesting to say! I would love to be on your blogroll if you'll have me...

esme and the laneway said...

Hey I have a similar buying logic, and definitely feel richer when I ahve decided not to buy something... it makes sense, somewhere, sorta..!

I would love to be on you blog rol1!

Miss Boston Mac said...

Still loving your blog. I'm thinking snowy Boston is nothing compared to Helsinki!

I have a question/request for you. Can you describe or give a tutorial about how you use your scarves? I love how they look on you, but can't figure out how to get mine to look anywhere near as nice.

Thanks!

pumps & luiers said...

my question to you is... you pictures always look so angelic white, do you work on them with photoshop or is it just the natural vibe of the cold north?

btw would love to be on de blogroll

The Black Opal said...

I would like to know: how do you care for your skin in winter? It is in wonderful condition considering such cold weather. Do you change your skin-care routing according to seasons?

Thank you,

Maria

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Clare : of course :)

Esme & Sueper : but you two already are, have been for a long time! I jsut have my blogroll on four parts, friends and finnish blogs, and the rest in two lists with no specisl order!

Sanna said...

I have two questions for you; what computer do you use? And is it possible to get those Itty Bitty Tease Cabaret patches you had from anywhere?

vixenoffoxgreen said...

Hi, love your blog but don't think I'm on your blogroll-could you please add me, I'm a little lost on blogs ;0)
Also any chance you would either a/do a make up video or b/ tell me what base and blusher you use, your skin is so pretty!
Love your blog
xxxxxxxxxxx

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Victoria : I can't link you because your blog does not show from your blogger profile.

vixenoffoxgreen said...

techno fear! I have no idea what I'm doing but thanks for getting back!