Tuesday 16 March 2010

PATTERNS, LINES AND ICE IN THE HARBOUR

Stripes on my window.


Rusty squares by berth.


Clear lines, clear blue skies.


Bird feet pattern on a frozen water pool.


A lot of ice.


A little less ice but some more water.


Now I don't know about you but ice-mash like this always makes me think gin tonic.


No ice (if I wouldn't know better I could fool myself it's summer already). You know all these ice pictures are taken within 250 meters of one another; ice can act pretty strange.


(I just put this picture here because I thought it looks nice with a little red among all the blue.)


I was here.


Yours truly.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you on strike?

CherryRosie said...

Your photos are really wonderful, each tells its own little story and a bit of insight into your personality,(i think ; ) ) keep snaping away!

Tinker Bell said...

Great pics! I like I like! Docks are love.

Amanda said...

great pictures! keep it up! i love the ones with the ice!

x.
amanda

http://amandalee-x.blogspot.com

WendyB said...

You make ice look very interesting!

Bucca said...

fantastic shots and that ice slush pic has made me thirsty! I want a cocktail now :)

Aisling said...

I love this post!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Thanks you thank you.

Anonymous : No, I work as a cargo agent, not a stevedore so I'm not part of the union. Right now we actually have more work to do due to the changed arrangements the strike has caused! Luckily I have the rest of this week off :)

Unknown said...

It's nice remembering that someone is having winter while Aus is still in summer. =]

X Josie

kfrogpath said...

aww, i bet you made the harbour elves smile with your bow :)

The Black Opal said...

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing!

lyrebirdgully said...

These pictures are fantastic! such a romantic area you live in; I have never seen sea ice (I live in Sydney) - so looking at these pictures is like visiting another planet,so thrilling! Scandinavia is fairyland to me. And, the geometric shots are beautiful. Thanks for this lovely post.