Thursday 17 June 2010

I, SUCH A LONG TIME AGO

I love playing around with photo effects (especially at those moments when I should be working with something totally different or say, just be sleeping). Photoshop is a brilliant too if you know how to use it (can be devastating-or embarrassing- if you don't)*, and full of new things to find out all the time. Although I prefer to alter my images myself- for work, promo or just me- I still find interesting and fun to search for and try out online image generators; see how they might be built, how similar the transformed images turn out, and perhaps to copy the effects. At one point I was a bit fascinated with poladroid, and now the hipstamatic application that everyone's sporting (well, which is for iphones and not computers - yet ).

Tonight I got stuck on a japanese site transforming my pictures into very very old:


You can find and play with it here: labs.wanokoto.jp/olds




I think it only works properly on pc's though as I was not able to download the pics to my mac. I transformed a lot of pics for fun to see different results and on what kind of images the effect works on; it's easy as the site is rather fast.
The pictures featured above are screenshots.

(The images with the parasol are originally by S.Korhonen)

*)= Once a girl commented on a post of mine saying the picture was badly photoshopped so that my arm looked strange. I coulnd't get what the hell she was talking about** - that pic was straight out of the camera. And btw even if I often correct the levels and light, sometimes may blur away a messy flat in the background or add some colour filters for effects I do not change my limbs here on the blog :)

**)= You don't put me, bad and photoshop in the same sentence!
(Unless someone else fucked up a picture with me in it, of course:)

27 comments:

Diva said...

The pictures look really great! I´ve been having fun w. Hipstamatic especially ot in nature. But I´ve never had the patience for photoshop ...

Aisling said...

They're all great but the last pic with the parasol is amazing and definitely my favourite.

Cristina said...

I love the second one! the cows are amazing. I love the effect thanks for show it!

Rosie Unknown said...

Those are lovely! I've never used photoshop, but next time I have any money, I might get it to try.

CherryRosie said...

These pictures look really cute! Love the 1st and 2nd ones! I myself had only tried to use photoshop once, for about 10 minutes...... Thought it was gonna be easy; why I dont know! Anyway, I would like to see the photo of you that was thought to be photoshoped!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Love the burlesque photos of you, they look like real vintage photos
http://daisymay-dayz.blogspot.com

Eirin Edvardsen said...

I love the photos with you and the paiasol. But they are all great. I love the effect, and the photos do really look old.

May I ask where du you get that parasol? I have searched the internet, but still no luck!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Diva : well yes it takes some time to master. I learned a lot of the basics when I studied design, and then all of the extras myself later on.

Rosie Unkonown : well The CS is very expensove yes. There are some free online software for photo-editing also, with some PS fetures, like sumopaint
http://www.sumopaint.com/home/

Cerry Rosesea : Try to google up titorials and info about photoshop. There are so many thing you will not find out by yourself - and you will need a little bit more than 10 minutes yes :D

Eirin : The one in the picture is from a shop in Helsinki but you can buy them online fomr here for example:
http://www.sumopaint.com/home/

Mrs Munster said...

Great vintage looking photos. The one with the cows is oh-so Finnish! Loving it.

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Great shots! I shall pass the photo edit links onto my boyfriend who is into photography and likes to make things look old on photoshop! The effect on these is great! He also wants a Holga, which gives a very raw grainy effect to shots too :)

Leia's Delights said...

gorgeosu photos!

i speak mojito said...

those are beautiful...i need to master some photoshop myself
its about that time

ispeakmojito.blogspot.com

Oyinda said...

Wow- love the effects! ok off to conquer photoshop!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Mrs. Munster : I know, like straight out of an old album :)

Dolly Cool Care : I have a Diana, it's also lomo like the Holgas. Havenät had the time to take too many pics with it yet though.

Mojito & Oyinda : yes you do that but if you want pictures like the ones here just click the link in my post...

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

And oh yes, Cherry Rosesea: the comment was on my January post from Oslo, the hotel room one.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun application! Thanks for sharing :)

Sue

Motocilla said...

Better (pro) app just for creating effects and fixing photos without anything dramatic like adding limbs ( ;) ) or creating collages is (Adobe) Lightroom. Easier for rookies to use and A LOT cheaper than heady duty mammoth Photoshop (which I totally adore, but personally always first run everything through RAW edit).

Great pics, very photogenic subject (as always) :)

MothMouth said...

I just had to download the polaroid-application, and I'm already addicted to it, such a great fun! I've been looking for something like this for ages, thank you so much for sharing it ♥

Cup Of Kitten Tea said...

Your so gorgeus, when i grow up, i want to be you <3

Thilda said...

So lovely!!

Mary Lady Luck said...

This filter is highly addicitve, I found it some time ago and LOVE it :D

Charlotte said...

Ooh what fun! I'm going to enjoy playing with that filter!

Charlotte xx
Tuppence Ha'penny

Clare said...

With your amazing vintage style this photos could be authentic! Thanks for passing on the link, like you I love procrastinating with image editors

m.fay said...

love these pictures. your blog is darling. found you on bloglovin. happy to find you! please stop by mine and say hi.

m.fay
http://www.amateurcouture.com

pumps & luiers said...

good job - I'm always playing and trying too. But there's one thing that just doesn't work = making a movie that plays automatic on my blog - can you give me some tips? do you make them with moviemakers?

MarieBayArea said...

you look brilliant in that first photo

Toni said...

Thanks for the link to the photo changer! It's brilliant. All your photos are excellent. :)