Monday 20 September 2010

AT HELSINKI VINTAGE

I suppose a lot of Finnish bloggers already have or will cover this on the days to come and I'm joining the club.
So; here's what I did last Sunday:
I finished the loading of the morning ship and made a slight change of style.

Into these and some red on the lips.


And took a break from work to go to Helsinki Vintage. The fair is held twice a year at Kaapelintehdas. (I used to study painting there before I changed to graphic design. Can't believe that's ten years already!)




Eddi also came before heading out to the farm to do some stuff, you know, harvesting and such that farmers do.

And Ina too, of course. It turned into another meeting for the "photo club" as usual. Blog nerds, hehe.

Beautiful Pia getting her hair done by Pinkki Paplari. Pia hosted the event. (She plays in The Patsy Walkers and hosts a lot of our shows too. This time however, you only got to see her feet...)


Pretty Mirkka and her designs.


Deco-jewellery from Hoochie Mama Jane. The same series as these!


Some items from good ol' Ansa Vintage. My lovely newly wed friends from Vaudeville were also there but I had some problems getting decent pics so Mimi and her beautifully growing belly has to be seen some other time here...


Tamara 1965 from Tallinn, familiar from the Tallinn retro fair last spring. (We recommended them :) (Note the team-posing by the people from Fast n' Loud in the background :)


Vintage and cupcakes always seem to appear at the same events... But why not really, looks good, tastes good, so yeah!


Eddi has the coolest T-shirt in town.


Ina bought a great pair of shoes, or, boots, from Americana.


As usual, there was a lot of great stuff...
...which mostly means I end up buying nothing, as there is so much to choose from. I'm not able to. You know, can't stop for just one item, I rather just enjoy the atmosphere and browisng around. I did get something though:

A 1950's napkin holder.
¨
And a fifties umbrella holders. (That's a lot of holders for one day.)

Then I went back to the harbour and loaded and unloaded some more ships (and took sneaky pictures of myself).
And then it started raining a lot.

20 comments:

Nolita said...

It seems that we had our eyes on pretty same stuff! Some of it is still coming up:


--Nolita Vintage--

Really enjoyed being over to Finland!

Greetz from Estonia

PrettyDamnCute said...

Drool. And drool some more. Wish I had been there...thanks for sharing!

hope505 said...

Well I can't believe what a good girl you are coming home with only 2 nice things instead of a whole car full of vintage goodies!! !!
* = )
Looks like lots of fun!!!

Sydney B. said...

Looks like a good time, there seems to be some fabulous stuff there. I love the pic with all the 1950's tables-cool!

~Syd

melina bee said...

the deco earrings and your shoes melt my heart

ina said...

Your boots in the first pic could compete with my new boots :D

FairyFiligree said...

That looks like it was a really special event. I love those earrings & those clothes hangers. Wish I was there!

Veronica_Fraticelli said...

wow, it looks great! but you are right- mostly I cannot decide when there is too much to choose from either!
Greets

kfrogpath said...

another red coat post! love the shoes you wore, and the mega cute pic of you and eddi :)

Rosie Unknown said...

Wow, it sounds like an absolutely amazing event!

Ulrika said...

Åh där hade jag verkligen velat vara!

Kitten loves vintage said...

*Sigh* Sometimes I wish I lived a bit closer to where the vintage related stuff happens ;) Looks like you had a good time!

Myrull said...

Oh damn... Think I'll have to experience that fair at some point in my life. I live in too small a town. Gorgeous pics, as always :)

http://thelowqualityblog.blogspot.com

archives vintage said...

wow! looks like an amazing fair!

binia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
binia said...

I am IN LOVE with the earrings from Hoochie Mama Jane!
I went on the website but I don't understand it! :( Help!
Does she ship to London UK?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Binia : I'm sure she could if you agree on something, you should send her an email! info@hoochiemamajane.fi

pumps & luiers said...

great diary of the day - your worklook is always such a contrast * do you keep your hair 'chique' or do you go for easy hair too?

Gina Americana said...

Y'all were so sweet for stopping by to say hello at the Americana booth. Sorry for not having the time to talk like I wanted to. Perhaps we'll have the chance next time I'm in Finland?!

Loooove the photo you took of our humble signs! Thanks for making us look so good.

Hope to see you again soon!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Gina : yes it was great meeting you and next time more for sure! And I totally understand you had you business to take care of, after all, that's why you were there :)