Sunday 12 September 2010

KASHMIR AND THE COLD HARBOUR

In late 2006 the company I worked for merged with another one and I started working in a new harbour. Our work teams split up and all routines and systems were new. It was cold and dark late November and we supervised a freight ship that took hours to load, sometimes having to stay at work until two in the night. I was waiting for my winter gear to arrive and froze in my short workwear jacket and rather tight pants (asa they are designed for men there's not a lot of space for the trunk-junk) and hated the fact that the stevedores were checking out my derrière. One of my old colleagues had made a mix CD that we kept in our work van and listened to trough the night. I hated that period and I missed my old work mates.


This song was on the CD and every time I hear it it makes me think of cold those dark nights in the harbour, the cold wind, rusty ship and the big waves splashing up on berth. And now I almost miss that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been a silent reader of your blog for a few months now, but never really have the courage to comment! Anyway, just stopping by to say thanks for posting some really nice music... it's always good to discover bands and artists that I otherwise wouldn't know here in Australia. Take care, Lauren. x

ina said...

I miss early mornings and sunrises in the harbour...

pumps & luiers said...

I always find it very strange how I sometimes like 'felling sad and melancolic', sometimes the hardest periods turns out to be the best