Tuesday 14 September 2010

RED, RUST AND SOPHISTICATED BEIGE

Eddi commented that I've been wearing this jacket in every outfit-related post recently "Are you going to wear it again?" But I have been wearing it so, well, yes, that's it.

The jacket, beret and the skirt are vintage, the rest is old.

And that's it for the tones of red and rust, now off with the beret; here's the sophisticated beige.

Yes, I've coloured my hair in something of my own, natural colour, so I can let it grow out in peace without having to be dyed all the time.

The biggest part of my hair project, the huge sacrifice.
After a year or so of ultra-caring salon products, priorin-vitamins my hair still kept breaking and I knew this was the only thing to be done in order to restore it - there has been almost a decade of bleach and silver shampoo (not to mention those five years of heavy perming before) weakening it, although it did not show until about a year ago. I guess too little sleep and too much stress, both physical and emotional has had it's share too (it's rough doing three jobs from time to time and it's not always easy having a man that comes with a farm, two children and an ex-wife either to name some of the factors :)

But anyway, takes some time to get used to and every now and then I feel devastated, but it's also rather nice, more calm.

18 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

I love that jacket and this outfit!
Your hair looks great too! I know how hard it is to be blonde...if I didn't i'd go blonde again, haha

AnneVee said...

Mun piti vaan tulla sanomaan, että katsoin tänään Vicky Cristina Barcelonan, ja kun Scarlett Johansson astui ensimmäistä kertaa ruutuun, melkein huudahdin, että toi on se bloggari. Siis sinä.

archives vintage said...

the lighting in these photos is amazing!

you're smart for going back to your natural color! i'm sure i'll have to one day...but for now i can't stop!

Janina Modaal said...

Don't worry, your new hair colour is really beautiful!
Just like your jacket :).

Vanessa said...

The new hair is gorgeous!

Lauren said...

huge fan and I'd love for you to check out MY blog at www.lakuvent.blogspot.com
:) <3

Lauren

Katherine said...

Your hair is looking as beautiful as ever!

Anonymous said...

You look so so so good! Love the hair.
And pretty bad ass in that first pic!

Sayuri said...

You should keep your haircolor like that, natural, it's beautiful!

And oh, life can be sort of tricky with us, making us take the harder way because of love... but sometimes it's just worth it. Gotta take a deep breath, swallow some of our pride and walk on =)

Helga said...

Just lovely.Any colour but your own is difficult(espicially when you are going grey,like me),but blonde is the most difficult.This new colour is beautiful,and not that far removed from the blonde!

esme and the laneway said...

You know what, it actually doesn't look that different :) Maybe because of the lighting... but you still look absolutely FABULOUS! But I know it sucks to give up white-blonde hair. I miss it all the time :) At least this way you won't have it all breaking off!

I love the jacket – the whole outfit, too :) x

Nikki Lane said...

You and your hair both look gorgeous! I'm a huge fan of your blog. You're such an inspiration on putting yourself together, making an effort and looking classy instead of running around in leggings and t-shirts like most girls these days. Keep up the good work!

LadyAngore said...

Så fint, så fint!

pumps & luiers said...

great jacket! That is wahy I almost try to wait with dyeing my hair for as long as I can, I know my mom turned grey very fast, so I will have to start dyeing my hair pretty soon!

Anonymous said...

Kivan väriset hiukset! Miten laitoit kiharat?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Anonymous : For these pics I styled my hair with my straightening iron and brushed it into the desired style / eli siis ihan vaan kiharoin hiukseni suoristusraudalla. Sen jälkeen pitää harjaa kunnolla siihen muotoon mihin haluaa.

Anonymous said...

Just LOVE LOVE LOVE the skirt! Do you know where I can find it - or anything close to it?
Best /Lynn

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Lynn : mjaah, it's vintage, but I think skirts of this length should be available in stores? Perhaps Zara? Or buy a maxi skirt and shorten it?