Wednesday 2 November 2011

THE SURPRISE SUIT

You know that joyful feeling of suddenly discovering one piece in your wardrobe that you did not know exist?

OK; maybe you don't know. Maybe it's not that normal to find out you have had a vintage wool two piece suit hanging in the back of your closet for a couple of years at least!

I went to the storage closet - quite the trip I tell you, all the way trough the messy study with suitcase after suitcase of burelsque stuff waiting to be unpacked after shows. And the US suticase from last summer with one cotton dress and two tops still in it (I did not just admit that!) -to already pick up my winter jacket since I had been feeling cold and there all the wtf of a sudden the suit was, all the way in the back! It took me quite the while to go "oooh, that one!". I had completely neglected it for a couple of years.


Semi thick wool and lined, the perfect jacket for this both warm-and-chilly-at-the-same-time autumn weather.And with a warm pleated skirt too!

I think this is my grandmother's suit. It it most likely from the early seventies. But rather timeless ain't it? I remember not being too thrilled about it in the beginning as it was a little bit too big for me earlier, but, ehrm, it has magically shrunk during it's time in the closet. Amazing isn't it? And it's nothing wrong with it being a little bulky, I can fit more warm knits under it!

And, what best, it is just the same colour as my Fiona Timantti hat! Wooh!

(This reminded me of another suit I also have tucked away in the realms of my closet. But as my body has miscomprehended the fact that it is only the nose and ears that are supposed to keep on growing it might be a little too tight for me by now. That damn ass of mine just won't stop growing! Damn you, derrère.)

14 comments:

GinCherry said...

Oh, I love the suits with skirts. This one is absolutely lovely :) Just maybe the jacket needs better fit in the waist, cause you have amazingly beautiful hourglass and feminine body :)

Lisa said...

I love shopping in my own closet. That suit is killer, but the hat. THE HAT! The bow and all is just too cute. Jealous!

Lucia said...

I want your wardrobe! It's such a lovely suit, really perfect for you.

Tasha said...

Oooh, shopping in your own closet! "Finding" something you forgot is the best. Though I've never come up with anything as wonderful as a wool suit like that. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this look. So pretty.

Fiona Timantti said...

<3

Elizabeth said...

After weeks of oogling and envying I finally have the nerve to ask about your hair - how DO you DO it? Perm? Set? What is your haircut like that holds it! I'm debating chopping my hair off this spring to something short and setable but I'm wondering if you perm it or how you get the curls like that or if it's natural.

My hair is stick straight and barely holds a curl but I try!

Miss Maple said...

The suit is nice, but what I really do love is the hat box and your shoes. Are they velvet? I think you showed them before.
Have a nice day!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I LOVE THAT HAT!

How cute, a cat on a hat box. :)

Miss Margarita said...

Truly a timeless piece! Looks amazing! :)

Myrtha Meadows said...

Wow! Some people find Narnia in their closets, others lovely suits. Lucky bastards! The only thing I find when I venture into MY closet, is things I already knew were there...Maybe if I got a bigger closet?... ;)

Mrs J said...

I just rediscovered my 40s vintage tea dress... Haven't worn it for three years. My closet is quite small, so I tend to hang double dresses on all hangers.

Mrs J said...

Miss, miss, miss, miss and mrs all commenting in one row, haha!

Kitten von Kat said...

Not bad, perhaps a trip to the back of my closet is in order? ;P That hat look awesome on you btw.