Monday 29 July 2013

x4


 I did some serious gardening. You know the kind that starts with a pair of cutters dum-di-dum and ends with an everything-must-go moment, a tractor and a big pile of dirt. The one that makes it all look much worse than before once finished but you know that eventually, with some time,  it will all turn out better than it was.

Dag indulged in some serious ice cream cone eating and was strangely keen on hading out and asking for immediate hugs right after. Nice.

 So we all went for an evening swim in the pond nearby, to wipe off dirt and ice cream and the heat. It's iek plus a million here right now. And I'm not the one to complain.

And then when all the small noisy people were asleep I had myself seom Neil Young on the radio, a beer and a lot of one of my favorite dishes; vietnamese spring rolls. With lettuce and cabbage, bean sprouts, avocado, tofu rolled in rice paper and that yummy vinegar-soy sauce. Oh droolers, must make myself some more as son as possible...

3 comments:

Meganee said...

foods looking delicious

Katie said...

I think it is a rule of toddlers that whenever they are covered in something sticky and gross, that is the time they most want to hug everyone in their immediate vicinity. It's a law of nature.

Those spring rolls look wonderful! I am drooling already from an ocean away.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a pretty good day! Especially the end of it with those yummy looking rolls!

Mabel
Life of Mabel