Friday 20 June 2014

BLUE JEANS


I got around getting myself a pair of blue jeans, like I had been thinking about and searching for, quite suitably before our summer here got into some kind of syntax error mode and dropped the temperature back to April...


In the end I went for a black horse and did get any of the common brands I'd thought of but grabbed these from Emmy Design instead. They cost a whole lot more than Freddies, Collectif or Vivien's (a swooning 160 euros) but it was not an issue for me this time as I suitably had a gift card to use for Pin-Up Garage, that carries Emmy, that I got for modelling for them once.

These jeans have a hidden zipper inside the pocket which is pretty neat but on the other hand also makes them a bit tricky to close. Otherwise they are great and rather comfy, which you know nowadays is a criteria for me to ever wear anything. I'm still a person with some sort of pants issues though -I always tend to go for the skirts anyway - so now I just have to learn to be practical when needed and actually use my jeans more often than just sometimes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The zip inside the pocket thing is unusual but i have heard of them in repro style jeans - authentic 50s style I mean. These are great.

Rebecca Young said...

I currently do not own any jeans but I have been considering buying some.I am still not too sure about the image of jeans wearing. I would not wear skinny jeans due to modesty issues but repro style jeans do seem to be more modest.

It took me a long time to get used to wearing trousers as I was a skirts/dresses person until about 6 months ago when I was persuaded by some friends to buy some trousers - and now I wish I started to wear trousers years ago as they are so comfy!

Astrid said...

They are super cute!
I had never heard of Emmy before, so thanks for this.

Miss Rascal said...

I love the details. Very nice.