Sunday 19 July 2015

BABY BLUE AND VERY RED


The combination of soft blue combined with different shades of red has always been one of my favorites. Or mint green and turquoise with red as well!

I have been walking in my Hasbeens that I got last winter; not many chances to do so before summer season. Hasbeens clogs are comfy once you get part the rather painful part of walking then in, for me at least. I am between sizes and have the smaller size in both my Hasbeens so for anyone wondering:; size down.

I am dreaming of a pair of red sandal clogs but wouldn't want to spend so much as on yet another pair of Hasbeens. There are many other quality brands -I have a pair of black Moheda's and they are very comfy - but sadly they all are a teeny bit less pretty than the Hasbeens. DAMN.
Well this summer has not been much of sandal weather anyways so...

But red. I am often drawn to red stuff. But then wear them seldom because they tend to feel too red. It's different with shoes (and evening wear), they can be super red no problem.
I haven't worn this dress in ages because it somehow also feels so very red when on. Which is silly I guess, because it's a very good day dress in a very nice colour.


And you can see what it also has that give it instant bonus points...
The dress is the Runaround Sue from Vivien of Holloway.

The cardigan is the Hellbunny Paloma. I have a problem with all cardigans getting a bit noppy after a while so I tried to be extra careful with this, storing it well and washing it by hand. But it is still getting a bit floppy-and noppyish. Perhaps it is because cardis are often taken along as a just-in-case, stored in or hanging on the handbag and that's what wears them out...

12 comments:

Caramella said...

Wha a lovely color combination! You look beautiful as always!
I have the same cardi from HellBunny but it's soo hot here in Italy...ciao bella!

Porcelina said...

Love your hair in this post, any chance of a tutorial?

I've had my eye on the Runaround Sue, you look smashing in it! x

Deb said...

I've not thought of red and pale blue as a colour combination before but it works beautifully on you.

Jolanda said...

I agree with that painfull part of walking in hashbeens.

uglybeat said...

I am wearing light spring green and red today! Love all those color combos...you look fantastic and I adore those clogs. Where did you get your belt? I've been looking at some on Amazon and am worried that they might be too cheaply made...

Ms. Falcon said...

I got myself a hasbeen pair of slingbacks last week from a local second hand shop. unworn. Sadly we won't get good freinds, I suppose ... the sling back is lipping down my foot all the time I can barely walk ... in the end i got them for a fourth of the normal price ...

Eva-Lynn said...

I like your hair in these pictures!

fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great post!
http://lafdiary.blogspot.com/

Lavender and Twill said...

This is a stunning color combination ~ the bold red softened with the muted blue tones ~ I love it! I find that I don't wear many 'big' red pieces, but have lots of little red pops in my outfits instead. I feel like the color is too loud for me, but I adore how you've juxtaposed with the baby blue. It's perfect! ❤

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

Anchi Li said...

Classic Look With Red Dresses

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Porcelina : I just rolled it around a rat :) I have made some similar ones, you can check my hair tag or hints&advice (sorry for being lazy and not linking them here..)

Uglybeat: My belt is from Vivien of Holloway. They are good quality!

Ms.Falcon: My slingback strap is also hard to stay in place. I am hoping it will work out better once I walk them in more. I got these straight from Hasbeens on the final sale so the price was rather alright, fortunately.

Sophia said...

so pretty!