Thursday 9 February 2012

BELLY IN THE SUN vol.2

I was actually lying, or, not being totally straight when I said I would not succumb to leggings and tunics. Those fugly tunics they have at the 'mama' departements yes, but leggings I have in fact been having great plans for long before my belly started growing. (I had to get myself my first pair of mama leggings and tights before the bump started pouting as all my other leg wear were digging and pressing right in my tummy and it felt unbearable but anyway;) I've been waiting (or, waiting and waiting, sort of at least) for a more pregnant belly and warmer weather to be able to an outfit like this:

The thing with leggings are that I would never wear them under normal conditions. Like this; in this way. In winter I often have leggings with knee highs instead of stockings under skirts when it's too cold for anything else and I have them at work all the time under my work wear. But I wouldn't go out in them alone, med rumpan bar so to say (although my hot baby blue sausage pants are pretty close...). Maybe, if they came in a material thick enough and I would able to pull such off comfortably - you see; my legs are not what they used to be like back in the savate days, they have developed some strange (yeah, "strange", haha)  squish around themselves and my bootah has oddly, hmmm,  descended some centimeters during the past two years.  Age does not come alone as it is said in Finnish. Although this nothing a little, just a little less chocolate and a little more work out wouldn't fix, really. (Don't get me wrong; a milkshake a day is still alright would I have the time to go to the gym a little more often than twice a month you see. And I eat healthy but quite a lot and combine it with chocolate. Mmmm...)

Well now some of you will all tell me not to say like this or that but mind you, I do pose in the most favorable angles for photos and I justs could work out a bit more nowadays, it is true. It is about the way you feel about yourself more than you look. And it has bothered me the past years that I have not had the the chance to work out properly.


But anyway none of that matters here as the point of this post actually being the following:  now that I'm pregnant it feels totally alright to go out in however tight Peggy Bundy leggings I may find! Extra fluff or extra kilos elsewhere than on a growing belly do not feel the same when the bumb is around. Quite liberating.

The leggings are H&M Mama, shortened into capri lengts, wedges H&M and blouse American Apparel in case you were wondering.

13 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

A very stylishly dressed bump I must say! Its great that you're documenting your pregnancy here. I wish I'd gotten more photos of myself when I was pregnant as they would be lovely to look back on :)

GinCherry said...

You look wonderful, love :) I think after your pregnancy it will be hard to find a spare minute for anything else so all your weight will melt and you won't notice that ;)

I know what you mean cause I put some weight in last year and I couldn't fit to any of my clothes so I started to work out again but the bad thing is that I started to eat more as well :D The good thing is that I like more how the body looks when you work out...

Unknown said...

I love it when pregnant mums are showing of their belly! Could there be anything more beautiful?

I´m so looking forward to that stage in my life....but thats still far away!

miss teacups said...

you look absolutely adorable. i love your baby bump and i'm positive it won't affect your amazing style, not one bit.

Malayka said...

Hottest mama ever!

Maja said...

You really are one stylish preggy;)

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Girl, you work that baby bump! I wish I had looked as good as you do when I was pregnant!

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Purrfect Kat said...

you're a sexy mama!!! enjoy your belly bump and what comes with it, you'll have time to worry about being in shape afterwards!!!

http://purrfectkat.blogspot.com/

Idun said...

I think i'll just copy/paste that :)
Great outfit!

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable outfit. When The Mr and I start the children part of our family, I'll be filing this outfit away for future use!

Cheers!
~Paige

Natalia L. said...

You look awesome, I wish I had been as stylish as you are when I was pregnant, I couldn't care less for fashion back then.

Isabelle Gloria said...

Love your hair! :) Fashion, Art & Oddity by Isabelle Gloria

tombelfort said...

Gorgeous! I love your leggings. I've been looking for a great pair of patterned leggings for ages! Your glasses are awesome too; I have a pair of black ones, but yours are so unique! Love it :) and i concern to Leggings Wholesale