Monday 2 July 2012

IN THE BEDROOM


 I'm very glad we managed to paint the bedroom in the countryside before the baby arrived (the day before, actually - I probably helped incude my labour by doing the first coating my self while Eddi was farming about :) as I have been spending more than plenty of time here lately. Today I managed to sit a little while outside, first time in eleven days, whoah!




Regarding how well the last stage of my pregnancy went (I was at the gym a few days before, painted the room the day before and wore heels the day of delivery) I doubt I have ever been in a condition this physically crappy before. So yes, it's been mostly bedroom for me still since we came out on Friday! 
So it's a good thing the room looks rather enjoyable - it would have annoyed me to stare at the "old" walls all the time.
(Don't get me wrong, I'm generally fine and it's mostly admiring baby not staring at the walls. But I am very much waiting to be able to move normally again, get out and go for walks and so on!)


I aimed to paint the walls mint green (surprise...) but I suppose the colour actually ended up being more something of sea foam green. Those balls of mine will hang above the baby crib, once we get it in.



We still have stuff to do here in the though;  apart form choosing a baby bed (there are lost of old beds just "lying" around the houses here but so far Dag has been sleeping in our bed), adding baseboards, fixing a linen cabinet and changing the drawer knobs (I want porcelain ones) and so on.
But so far so good!






19 comments:

Roxy said...

What a great color on the walls, looks like it feels light and cheery in there.

Solveig said...

It looks so serene and dreamy. The entire countryhouse does! I love it when you post pictures from there. :) Love the colour on the walls!

Malayka said...

Oh you're lucky to have such a pretty room to be lying around in! Although I must say it doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun being stuck in bed for so long and feeling sore. x

Katje said...

The room looks great, love it love it love it!

Anonymous said...

The wooden floor is so beautiful!:)

Anonymous said...

Oh! That's just the color we want in a room in our house! Do I dare ask what paint and the name of the color it is? :)

Wandabe said...

Onnea täältäkin koko perheelle vauvan johdosta! Ja pikaista sekä perusteellista toipumista sinulle! Mä odottelen meidän uusperheeseen kolmatta lasta :)

Teidän makkarissa on just samanlaiset verhot kuin meillä on mökillä - kaupunkoasunnon tyyli on värikkään skandinaavinen mutta mökki on todella mallia mummo ja romantiikka, niinkuin maalla pitääkin :)

Myrull said...

that little white table with the plants on it, what's the name of it? I think I've seen it on an ikea poster but I can't find it on the ikea website...

Katja said...

I hope you're on your feet real soon! I can tell you, it's very strange to walk outside with a pram, you think everone will notice you & bebe... ;)

Claire said...

Feel for you Ulrike. and it sounds like the last thing that was MEANT to have happened for you, being so active and fit in pregnancy.
It is strange to walk with a baby, and stranger too to get used to all the preparing to go out of the house. happy times!
hope Dag is sleeping well
claire :)

Unknown said...

Wall color is very nice. Good job:)
And I really hope you will feel better in no time!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

katjath: it's Tikkurila' Symphny's shade Y370 Capri.
www.tikkurila.com

Myrull : it's called Lantliv. I wanted to buy it for ages, all winter, but whenever they get a few they sell out. I did a few trips to IKEA in vain due to that but managed to get mine in early June :)

Claire : yes... it would be rather alright would I not have episiotomy stiched all the way to my leg down there :/
But yes I've noticed how much you have to pack those few times we've had to go somewhere...

Henna X. said...

The room looks really lovely. :)

Sanna said...

I think that the first 2 mounths with a baby were just chaos and first three weeks it felt like swimming on my own sweat! But at the same time it was really wonderwull time (I am having 4 mounths old baby boy).

By the way, where did you bought those "ball lamps" which you have on the window?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Sanna : you can get them from Stockmann (also their webshop) but I bought mine straight from the manufacturer, better price + more options and home delivery :) www.lacasedecousinpaul.com

-K said...

Just showed my mom The photos of you and Dag. She said he is adorable and congratulations!

Mary said...

Hello, did u end up not using the green trollies as nightstands? did those not work out for u? i was planning on getting it.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Mary : no, they work great! This is from our other bedroom, the one in the countryside :) The trollies are in our flat in the city!

Unknown said...

This is just Awesome. I have been waiting to re-do my bedroom but now I have very interesting Ideas. Thank you so much for sharing these. http://www.takemyaudition.com/