Wednesday 5 September 2012

CHECKS AND PASTELS, CAPE & COATS DILEMMA




I have a new wonderful little cape. It came with a skirt, but I'm saving it for later.
(Like when I can button all hree buttons in the waist and not just two :)

I've always loved the idea of wearing a cape. I have not had one before for the very reason that they are rather unpractical in a climate that allows you to wear a short sleeved jacket for about four weeks of the year only; two weeks in autumn and two weeks in spring. Sort of. I however almost got myself this one last spring already but came to reason, but somehow I managed to come up with an idea why this cape would be a genial solution for fall. I just can't remember that the idea was anymore. (And no, cuteness does not count.) What I actually should have gotten would have been a practical trench coat or so as I in the heat of the moment (you know: Closet space! Letting things go!) sold the blue one I had at a flea market last spring...Damn.

But alas, just now as I had started settling for the thought of knits and hats and mittens the weather turned surprisingly warm, so I might get to wear my little cape for more than a fortnight after all!

On a totally different note; it is funny how dark your hair turns when combed in another parting than usual, not with the "sunny side up".

Also, it apparently takes an outfit post to notice your hemline is broken. So there is a point to all of this!

(The cape is from Tara Starlet and the skirt is Zara from a couple of years back that would not go over my hip a month ago. But now it does.)


2 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

That cape is cute as a button. I have a woolen one with a cat applique, but because of the length I get confused on how to wear it. Pants, skirt, dress?

Anonymous said...

I like the fabric of the cape, very cute! and a nice combo with the beige skirt.