Wednesday 19 September 2012

THE BLUE JEANS



Uh-mazing, isn't it? I am actually wearing a pair of jeans!
Yes, me,jeans. Which I really, seriously, haven't done in years and years. Except for that one time we did some working stuff over at the country house and I wore Eddi's old jeans. (But actual boyfriend- or, to be correct, husband- jeans doesn't count as wearing in this case.) Funny thing is I actually used to wear quite a lot of jeans before as I, along with the harbour and late night freelancing worked in a jeans store "pushing denim".
(Yes, I had three jobs and no, I didn't sleep that much.  But then again I've had three job for the past few years now too. Well I don't sleep that much nowadays either. I do love it, sleeping, but it apparently just doen't seem to be my thing... Well anyway, back to the jeans shall we- )

Jeans, or, at more the thought of them, started feeling so very very uncomfortable at some point so I just kept them in the back of my closet and then sold them away. But lately I've been having a strange urge for denim. (How ridiculous did that just sound.)

So, these are the 50's blue jeans from Vivien of Holloway. I'd seen them look great in pictures but as always with pants I had my doubts of them on me. And when I first got them I wasn't sure if they were retrotastic or made me look like a soccer mom. But they were super comfy so I thought I'd go for them either way. And then Eddi actually made a comment on them saying they were thumbs up so I decided to believe him :)

The little retrotastic knit top is form Indiska.

17 comments:

Maja said...

you look cute as hell in those jeans;) Now I want some too;)

Sarah said...

I think you look lovely in the jeans! x

Jessica said...

That knit top is amazing! And the jeans are pretty gorgeous too - love the cuffed hems.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

LOL! They are retrotastic, for sure.

This pic makes me want to go and have a look at the jeans to poss purchse for myself, so that must tell you something about how they look.

x

Lainie said...

I have been wanting a pair-they look so cute!

Roxy said...

You wear them well. That "soccer mom pants" look is something I worry about as well when it comes with high waisted trousers.

Désirée said...

jag måste kolla tröjan på Indiska!
Hoppas att den är kvar.
Du är lika fin som vanligt, vännen!

www.janetteria.com said...

Chic!

Anonymous said...

I think high waisted seems nice.
http://twitter.com/GulahmedFashion

Anonymous said...

All soccer mums should look this good ;-)

FactoryExtreme said...

Wonderful chain my friends …. It is acting like a guide for all of us

Kristina said...

De har massor av fint på Indiska nu.Köpte samma topp och bar den häromdagen , men inte såg jag hälften så snygg ut som du för det. Och du ser superfin ut i jeans och det nog bekvämt att amma när bara behöver dra upp tröjan iställetr för att knäppa upp en klänning.

The Golden Girls said...

LOVE the jeans on you! You should wear them more often since you really can ROCK them! So FAB! xx The Golden Girls

Lotta said...

Ostin myös viime viikolla ensimmäiset farkkuni vuosiin. Näitä VoH:n farkkuja en ole uskaltanut tilata, omani (mustat, erittäin korkeavyötäröiset) löysin Seppälästä. Sovitellut olen, mutta en vielä uskaltautunut niiden kanssa ovesta ulos... ja se, joka väittää farkkujen olevan mukavin vaate, on väärässä! T. Mekkotyttö 4life :D

Gigi Praline said...

SUPERsnygga <3 - läcker brud som alltid!

anniina said...

Ah, I have the same Jaffa poster! Love it!

Pia said...

I LIKE!