Tuesday 15 March 2011

HERE'S WHERE I COME UP WITH A SMART HEADLINE IN FRENCH OR ABOUT SPRING

But not this time.

Winter is not quite over yet, but we're getting there - the days will soon be longer than the nights and the wonderfully bright light tells us that warmer days should be arriving anytime now (and also that I should wash my windows).

A high ponytail and striped shirt is a combination that not only has spring all over it, but also screams Capris! Ballerinas! Bicycling in the sunshine! French 60's pop! The last two I can fix but I do not own any capri pants nor ballerinas. Not sure about flats, but I would like a nice pair of cropped pants, only there are none to be found here and with my amount of derrière it gets a little risky relying on the internet to deliver.

Also, a nice way to pimp a basic striped tee (or just any basic shirt) is to add bait of lace to it, as a collar, or just as part of the blouse. While I let some people in the third world do the work for me on this one it should be pretty easy to do this little kind of revamping oneself.

The blouse is H&M and the bangs are not real, as you know.
EDIT: yes, the blouse is from H&M this season, the ecological cotton line. It however has an annoying zipper in the back but it's easily removed, in my opinion it serves no function (but then if you remove it you need to sew it together or add a little hook).

18 comments:

Dominique said...

You are so gorgeous and you wear everything so well, stunning.

Maja said...

Is the blouse new? I think I have to jump into the next H&M I see to catch that one. You look smashing today!

Sarah said...

Perfect spring time wear, your hair is fantastic! Do you have a secret to getting that kind of body/height at the front of your pony tail?

Laia said...

the bangs look amazing on you! :)

LandGirl1980 said...

"(and also that I should wash my windows)".... you and me both.
Bangs are banging :)

Frollein von Sofa said...

the colour of your hair is wonderful !!

tanïa said...

Lovely shirt and hairdo!! And let me tell you there is nothing more comfy than Ballerinas! Especially when dancing to french 60's Pop (what I'm doing all the time!)!

Anonymous said...

I love spring & I love those bangs on you!

XoX Sandy

Rosie said...

Gorgeous, but it's such a young look on you! I don't know if that came out right or not, but it's far more innocent and playful than your usual outfits.

Tasha said...

Adorable! Certainly you look ready for spring. :)

Mrs Munster said...

You look so darn cute in the yellow top and high ponytail. Not very many people can pull of the colour yellow, without looking like an easter explosion! You certainly can!

Unknown said...

I can never get my bangs to look like that, sweet idea about the lace as well x

Fiona Timantti said...

:) kevät!

EroDojo said...

La magie et la douceur colorée de votre univers. La candeur osée de votre cabaret romantique... bravo.

Alyssa said...

Hm! Maybe I'll wear a striped shirt today :) I'll have you know I went right to the H&M website to see if they're still selling this shirt. BY the way, I love your hair color!

Boo Boo Kitty said...

if you wouldnt have said the bangs arent real I wouldnt have know, although u had blogged about it earlier.

Lovin the new natural shade!

Ms Wanda said...

That's such a brilliant recycling trick. I've got a whole bunch of striped t-shirts that could do with a face lift. Right, where's my sewing machine....

Anonymous said...

I love that hairstyle on you so much! It looks so springy. About ballerinas. I bought a pair of black ones last week, because one does need a pair of flats and I think ballerinas are kind of cute compared to sneakers or whatever is out there without a heel.