Tuesday 1 March 2011

VINTAGE & AMERICANA

I was about to get myself Gina Holdar's book A-Z of Classic American Clothing, but Ina was quicker and got it to me for Christmas!

It's a good book for anyone interested in American clothing, Americana, or just clothes and also vintage in general, as it is full of useful things to know as well as fun facts. You can get the book via americana.se. The author, based in Sweden, also runs Americana Classic Vintage, and a web store will launch later this month. Americana classic vintgae can also be seen at Helsinki Vintage this weekend.

And now, listen up all of you who will or can be in Helsinki this weekend:
Americana is giving away two tickets to the Helsinki Vintage happening!

The event will take place next Sunday; March 6 - I don't know what evil powers decide it has to be the same weekend as I work, every single time, but luckily the harbour is close so I'll have a chance to stop by.

Anyway, to enter the give away, leave me a comment on this post, and yes, as usual, be sure I will be able to contact you.
Stay put next Friday then as I will draw the winner randomly and let you know the same evening!

And yes, if you post and link to this competition somewhere on the interwebs you get another entry per link, by leaving me a comment and linking to said your mention.

Good luck - and see you next Sunday perhaps :)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wanna win ticket to Helsinki vintage!!!

Miss Sandy J

sandy.jungle@gmail.com

Mandy Cruz said...

I can't wait for that webshop!!!!!!!

http://bloodisthickerthanwater.tumblr.com/

AnneVee said...

Count me in! You can contact me through my blog.

milla said...

this is really amazing, I'll go there anyway but this way I might get some friends to come along ;)

e-mail: nuus_ku@hotmail.com

pumps & luiers said...

looks great - you should post some inside pics!
btw I'm not in the running for the competition since Helsinki is a bit too far for me ;)

Pirita said...

Great! Count me in! :)

pirita.t@gmail.com

päivi said...

wouldn't mind going to Helsinki Vintage...

satu said...

Going anyway to H.V. but wouldn't mind getting the tickets this way ;-)

Piia said...

Yay! Count me in!

Anna said...

this looks really cool! you can contact me through my blog cotillionvintage.blogspot.com

Rhia said...

Yaaay! Ticket would be super cool thing! Count me in.

Ann said...

I´d love to visit there, although i´ve been friends with the wheel on fortune!:)

e-mail: ann__@hotmail.fi

Backyard Bambie said...

I've never been to Helsinki Vintage but this time I'd loooove to go there! Lady Luck please let the dice stay hot!

My mail: paprika@welho.com

päivi said...

ok, I guess an e-mail address would be handy as well... it is pansophos@gmail.com

Gina Americana said...

♥♥♥

hattara8@gmail.com said...

I'm going to the Helsinki Vintage anyway, but a free ticket would be nice. ;)

Rhia said...

I also linked in my blog.

Miss Margarita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Making Changes said...

Love it. Please enter me.

If you need to reach me, I clicked the "email follow-up comments" link.

Thanks