Thursday 10 March 2011

STUFF I GOT AT HELSINKI VINTAGE

Pardon my French but I could not come up with anything more creative in the headline up there...

A table lamp for that corner specifically as it always lacked something. (As one can see form the picture, one thing it does not lack is cats.)


A little glass surfaced pinstriped 50's flower table, one of those you could see in my Helsinki Vintage post. I originally intended to put the lamp on it but it sat better on the other little table (which is bought form the same guy earlier btw), so maybe I will use this one as a flower stand instead; that's what it is intended for in the first place. Although right now it serves as kitty stand.


And a little basket. I have quite a lot of baskets and bowls lingering around at home, that tend to fill up with just whatever but bowls and baskets are quite easy finds and that my hands tend to grab. My sister said this one would at elast be really good for when I have three apples around but it actually only fit two.


I got Eddi a pair of 60's deadstock sandals. The brand is Fredrik which is also Eddi's name! They were a little bit too big though and he was not that thrilled about them. (Yet, he'll grow in to them.)


He was however very much more thrilled over the cheerleader suit I got from Americana (which looks surprisingly good on!) but a little disappointed to hear that I do not intend to wear it around town. One might catch it on stage at some point though...

22 comments:

feliscatus said...

Love the lamp and the basket :) . I am very curious about seeing this sandals on you.

Tu as raison, on a le même chat!

Em said...

Love the lamp and the "kitty stand."

Rosie said...

I love the kitty stand, it's so pretty!

Andrea said...

Count me as another one who loves the lamp and the kitty stand!

L said...

I've never met a boy who didn't love a cheerleading suit. :)

Frollein von Sofa said...

that lamp is gorgeous !!!!

mispapelicos said...

In my fruit post last week I used your idea of fruit instead of flowers while we wait for spring and summer.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Malayka said...

Great finds! I especially love the lamp (and your adorable little cats). The only thing is that I would possible have to agree with Eddie on the sandals... I've never been a huge fan of men in sandals. I'm not sure why!
x

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Feliscatus : they would look rather funny on me; they're a size 43 :D For my boyfriend :)

Sacramento : it looke dvery nice!

Dashfield Vintage : I know what you mean! But I've always liked those 50's -60's mens sandals for some reason. But I knwo it was a risk buying them :) Eddi said he can get himself a safari hat and then wear then hehehe :P

K said...

The cheerleader outfit made me laugh. Maybe for hallowe'en?

K xx

Anonymous said...

Oh cute! :D the kitty stand made me laugh!
I love the lamp, too.
xErin

anodetoreverie.blogspot.com

Rakel said...

So much nice things! I loved the lamp and the little table, so adorable :)

CherryRosie said...

Lol! Just like a man to not be so thrilled about shoes for him, but excited over a cheerleading uniform!!!

I would love to see it on before it goes onto the stage!!

Alyssa said...

I like your kitty stand ;)

Ej Utgivet Material said...

Kittystand and a cheerleader-outfit; suxess!

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I'm very curious to see more of the cheerleaders uit!

Tine said...

The second cat hiding behind the lamp is deadly funny.

anni said...

Heip, tykkään blogistasi niin kovin, että lisäsin sen oman tekeleeni linkkilistalle (osoitteessa http://uimamaja.blogspot.com). Jos kuitenkin toivot, ettei blogisi linkkilistaltani löytyisi, niin kerrothan siitä miulle vaikkapa blogini kommenttiboksin kautta :) Kiitos!

Anonymous said...

That lamp looks awesome! I just love lamps in nice and extraordinary shapes. And I can't get enough of your kitties.gactanym

Kitten loves vintage said...

Not a bad catch! I'm also curious about the cheer-leading uniform, will we see it on you?

Emeconeme said...

I love your blog, your style, pictures, etc.
I forgot to mention, your hair tutorials!!! <3

I have a blog and an award for you, if you have some spare time, please visit: www.emeconeme.blogspot.com

xxxxxx

Sarah said...

Ha! I love your cat, his face on the stool is priceless! But that cheerleading outfit is to die for... wow!