Monday 19 December 2011

ON AVANT GARDE


I should probably start a new label here called "the internet" or something (or wait, let's make it Teh) - I can get stuck on a certain page I bump in to or am told about and then I sit there for hours or follow link after link for the rest of the night.. Tonight, instead of wrapping gifts and making Christmas sweets I've been watching videos over at THE AVANT/GARDE DIARIES.

When I was in design school we had the rather diffuse but also interesting courses of the philosophy of art and on the sociology of art; i.e what defines and artist, what puts a certain piece of art into a certain genre, what is considered avant garde, and so on? THE AVANT/GARDE DIARIES idea is maybe something in that direction, showcasing creative individuals view on avant garde or what perhaps could be considered that. This trough very different short movies about creative personalities, such as authors, fashion designers, musicians, artists and more. Some less, some more know to the public, like the Cobrasnake here above. Interesting; so my gift wrapping will have to wait a little while still!
I you are interested in the articles/videos and persons featured, find them at www.theavantgardediaries.com.

4 comments:

Chloe Innvaer said...

Loved this post! The video was great! I am going to have to check out the website!

hair and make up said...

great blog, check out mine...www.lorelai.blogg.no

Anushka said...

I really enjoyed watching that video, thanks for sharing it. I will definitely be spending some of my own hours avoiding present-wrapping over the next few days with the films!

Malayka said...

Awesome I love this! Thank you for sharing. x