Saturday 10 December 2011

SATURDAY IS LEOPARD DAY

Or, at least this Saturday is.


It was too cold however to go leopard all the way and combine this with my leo jacket (♥)...
My dress is from The Platypus Sisters. Which, as they name says, is a shop by two sisters. Not Australian as you might presume by the platypus though, but Italian! They have a range of hand made vintage styled dresses, inspired by the actresses from the 50's. My dress is the Sophia dress which is, of course, inspired by nonetheless than Sophia Loren.
I've shortened the dress a bit as it was a little too long on me.

I've received some questions on how I style my hair like this. (Or, how I've styled it the other way, when rolled inwards.)

Which really is just that; rolling the hair outwards or inwards. Both are very simple to style - no fuzz about it.
But I can add that I mostly -or pretty much only- do this on sort of dull and semi-dirty hair that has old styling products in it and with fading old, curls.

I either just brush it a lot into shape and spray, or then curl it a little more in the edges with heat. I have quite a lot of hair, so if I use heat I have to curl it in the desired direction in two or three layers (as in not all hair at once, it will look ugly unless your hair is thin enough to bend all at once). Another option to do it without heat is to brush it, spray a little and then roll it outwards (or of course also inwards, but it's harder to stay put) and secure with alligator clips, spray some more and then wait for a couple of hours before opening the hair and giving it some strokes with the brush. You can add a little wax to finnish it off. The hair just around my face is just rolled into regular curls and not bent in any special direction.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Bonita combinación de rojo y leopardo. ¡Muy guapa!

www.zsazsazsu.es

Lily said...

Love those dresses! Do you have any advice on the sizing? For example, do they come up smaller than your normal size?

Q's Daydream said...

that is the perfect leopard print dress!

Helga said...

You look just gorgeous,as usual!
Your hairdo is fabulous!X

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Oh my, you look fetching. xx Must check out those dresses. xx

Miss Rascal said...

Wow! Lookin' good ma'm!

Angelica said...

Very Mad Men. Very chic. I especially love the lipstick. Thanks for sharing. :)

beirutchic.blogspot.com

bunny said...

There's a giveaway to win one of this dress on the homepage of The Platypus Sisters.

It's open for all european country girls, and if you want to enter please follow the instruction here:

http://www.swingbunny.com/?p=933

As on the homepage there's no english transaltion!

B.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Lily : Accurate or go for one size up! I chose a bigger size than normally as I thought of wearing slips and thicker stockings under the dress now that it's winter. Plus I've gained some weight :P There is some extra room in the hip, but the dress was quite snug around the bust, so it was good I took the bigger size. The cotton fabric has some light stretch ,at least the leopard one, which is good!

Bunny : thanks for the tip :)=

Chloe Innvaer said...

Stunning!

marnie said...

you are my favourite thing about the internet!
apart from y'know, looking at pretty things to buy and buying the pretty things..

That dress is amazing on you! x

Anonymous said...

How adorable is that dress! I'm so glad to be seeing "animal print" done in such a classy way :)

Mireia Centeno said...

Leopard with red!! nice!!