Tuesday 11 December 2012

FROM BASKET TO BAMBI


 When Dag first arrived (you know, nice and neatly, bought by the stork. Haha) he slept in my father's old baby basket from the early fifties.


 Some time ago he outgrew it and we had to move him to a bigger crib.



Which also is my father's old one; the bambi bed that had been waiting for new babies in the woodshed  on the island.


It's the Bambi-bed because it has a bambi painted on it.


 It has some pink rabbit and crazy-happy squirrles on it too.
Funny thing is I was browsing an online vintage store and they happened to have this exact same bed!
I almost wanted it just because, but it was sold already.


Lil' mister minding his own business. 


 I got the black wooden cat at a flea market last spring.


Good night!

...for some of you out there. Not over here! This little fella will start shouting and craving for boob in 3, 2...




8 comments:

Malayka said...

So so cute! I know that my mothers bassinet is still in the cellar at the house in Germany and whilst I would LOVE to have had it... I don't think it's probably reasonable to think that I could get it shipped to New Zealand in time :). Your little man sure is a cutie. x

Kstylick said...

That baby will be the luckiest :)

Kelly said...

Love the Bambi bed, did you repaint it or just clean it up? Looks lovely and Dag seems to like it :)

Claire said...

Dag's getting so 'on way to toddler' now.. so cute! But also curious to know, modern day baby care and all that.. are you giving Dag food (as in: 'baby rice' or pureed veg/fruit kinda thing) now ..? Been 16 1/2 years for me since I was in that place. Never could believe that boy babies could just do milk after 6 weeks or so, they seem so active compared to girls, right from the start!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Kelly : I just scrubbed it clean; no new paint. It's a very creamy white, almost yellow. I think it used to be all-white back in the days :)

Claire : (Over here) they recommend full breast feeding for 6 months if possible. I have had enough milk for that, but have already started giving him some small portions of purees during the past weeks, some pumpkin, zucchini, avocado, banana and so on :) So far so good; he likes it. But the boob is still no 1 for him.

Sweetpaintedlady said...

Yay! so our Corvan is going to arrive, nice neatly and clean? Lol I hope so! I love keeping the memorys alive, our lil man will be going into his grandmothers bassinet that both my hubby and his brother slept in.xx

Anneli said...

Vi har en likande spjälsäng ute på stugan. Den är min pappas gamla (eventuellt farbrors också, men i alla fall från 40-50-talets skift ungefär) och har målat Musse och Mimmi Pigg i gaveln. Så söt! Är nöjd att mamma inte målade om den såsom hon först tänkt...
Er bambi säng är också helt underbar,och Dag också! =)

-Ansku

Anonymous said...

i used to sleep in a bed like this! and so did my mother.