Wednesday 19 December 2012

THE OLDTIMER KNIT / BURGUNDY AND GREY


 I think it's rather seldom with new-bought clothing that an item would last for over a decade if being in use sort of regularly, but I have a cardigan that I have had for so many years it surprises me every time I think about it; I bought it in the late nineties when I was sixteen or seventeen. What also surprises me is that I still fit it!

120 FIM at the time it was very expensive, but the twenty euros it equals today isn't really "anything". (Although, many things cost the same in marks as they do now in euros, I remember paying two marks for a coffee in the past millennium. Nowadays you hardly get a cup for a two euro coin... )

 But anyway, was well worth the marks and pennies; here it still is!

Thinking about it I remember this cardigan also went missing for some time back then, I was seraching for it like crazy and kept asking my younger sisters if they had borrowed it, but they hadn't and I didn't have a clue where I could have left it. The mystery knit, totally X-fioles (which is also a totally nineties thing. Mulder,). A year later or two it was found in a box under my sister's bed; turns out she had borrowed it after all but was afraid to be caught lying and had tried to get rid of the evidence. Sort of. Teenage logics. Haha! I wonder if she remembers this one...

The dress under the knit is Trashy Diva, but that's for another post.
And here's me and Dag. Bye!

6 comments:

Kstylick said...

Very classical knit burgundy :)

Mama D said...

That's one snazzy looking cardigan. It's great when you find a piece of clothing that lasts for decades.

Porcelina said...

I think I spy the 'Jenny' knit dress under that cardi, am I right?

It's been on my radar for a while but I tried a similar colour dress from Collectif and it was a bit dark for my colouring.

I probably have lots of clothes that are about 10 years old, I am a hoarder!!

Porcelina xx

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Porcelina : why yes oh yes, it's the Jenny dress :)

I also have some other pieces that are getting closer to 10 years old, jackets and such and fancier dresses, but no other cardigan that I've bought would have lasted soem 15 years+ like this one :) Old time quality.

Serena S. Madhouse said...

What a lovely couple!!

Greetings from Tuscany!

Serena

Womens Clothing Online said...

Thats awesome john…It will surely help me out.
Thanks once again I’d love to come back for more…