Friday 15 February 2013

PINAFORE SKIRT VOL 2.0


You may remember my pinafore skirt from Vivien of Holloway?
 It's a piece of clothing I love; it's comfy and sits well, but I haven't really gotten around wearing it that much. And I know the reason: it is too red, which makes it hard to wear together with most other stuff you need to wear over here the biggest part of the year.

Instead of letting it go I decided to color it - a risk, especially if the label says hand wash, but if the result turns out good (which is kind of 50/50) it can save the item. I decided to go for dark brown which should work on red (as in opposite of blue for example, resulting in violet, etc). And brown goes well with everything, even better than black! Dark brown even goes better with black than black goes with brown, sort of.

Well it didn't exactly turn out that dark brown. Or brown at all.

The fabric is 100% cotton which should take on color real well, but I take it that the thread is coated somewhow. So now it's kind of a "woven" dark red.

Which is not all that bad actually.

(Dag wanted to be in the pic. Hello!)

The fabric took on a sort of vintage texture which looks very nice. And it did turn out more wearable!

Then I noticed  suspenders like this are not the most practical in mom-baby world, easily grabbable and pullable and so on, but that's another story.

24 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

It looks much better now. Love the blouse too :)

Sara Kristiina said...

It looks so good in that colour, I love that kind of "burgundy" shade a lot. Very cool :)

Violentcello said...

It may not be brown, but it turned out beautifully!

I love the suit look in the middle pic up at the top. Are you going to dye the jacket, too?

laura said...

Very nice outfit!

Tasha said...

I love pinafore skirts! And I think the color it turned out is fabulous, actually! A very versatile red. That bright red is my favorite shade but I agree sometimes it's almost too red... that's why some red trousers I was sewing have languished unfinished so long.

Stefanie said...

I love how it turned out, much easier to wear and it seems like it added to the texture. It looks lovely. :)

Monsterchen said...

woooow that bright red pinafore looks so absolutely gorgeous! and also the blouse is adorable!
hello to the little cutiepie;)
kiss,mary
http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

Miss Maple said...

You did right. It's much more wearable now. But it wasn't bad in the bright red also. I love the photo with you and Dag.

Miss Emmi said...

I think that turned out really nicely! The colour is unexpected but lovely.

Anonymous said...

first of all great article, i have used almost every freelancing ON NET . so i prefer using freelancer.com and Fiverr.com . they re my favorites.


join fastest growing new kind of free lancing site lislia.com , which will let you sell and exchange secrets,ideas,experiences,skills, items and services

best wishes from lislia.com team
www.lislia.com

thanks




Roxie Roulette said...

Love the colour!

Anja said...

this is waaay better than brown! wow, i wish you could buy it in this color, it's pretty perfect! and suits you perfectly:)

Jessica said...

I love the new colour so much!

Greg Norman said...

What other colors of the skirt is available and how much does it cost? I love it! For outdoor outfits, you can also visit Golf Rain Gear.

(Retro) Sonja said...

Very awesome skirt! Love it!

Mama D said...

The new colour is fab and probably easier to mix with other colours. Cute Dag :)

Anonymous said...

Turned out great. Much more wearable now. You see this suspender dress in old movies all the time. I've seen the look on Katherine Hepburn and Joan Crawford.

Ms. Falcon said...

i love the new colour. sometimes the unexpected and surprising results are the best!

latest trend fashion said...

great shots, all outfits really look nice and are very fashionable...

Winter Coats said...

Fabulous color. Nice outfit. Loved your blog!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool outfits...I like them!
You look so skinny in them. How many punds have you lost?
N.ra

Alexshia. said...

Omg, I fall in loe with that tattos. *.*


fashion-by-alexshia.blogspot.com xxxx

Anonymous said...

The color it turned out looks great! And you look gorgeous! How did you get back into shape so quickly? You look great (:

Anonymous said...

Nice color, but if it was mine - I'd make it knee short as well!