Thursday 21 February 2013

THE TWICE FORGOTTEN SKIRT


I am - apparently, as I have noticed one too many times - the kind of person who simply cannot store anything in a place that needs more effort than to open one door, max, to be remembered. Anything I put in the basement kind of goes there to die. This means it gets pretty crowded at home. Or that I have too much stuff, but then again we all have. (First world club meeting again, gather up in line!)

Well the point here being that if I tuck away clothes somewhere to wait for their right season to come I most likely will never see them again. Unless I stumble upon them by chance. And so I did with this pleated wool skirt, which I had put in a storage coffin sometime last summer or when I was pregnant. It is the second time I discover it already; as it as part of a suit that I had forgotten I had (which jacket I use all the time during the other seasons) and discovered a couple of years back... Good for me, this was put into action instantly.

The skirt is vintage; my grandmother's old, the rest is old stuff, high street.

11 comments:

Miss Rascal said...

Tjusig! Jag ser en liten kille som sakert kommer bli kladdesigner en dag, han ser tokigt intresserad ut. <3

Katja said...

Dag is getting a really big boy! 8 months yey! Still going mom! And you look pretty :)

Q's Daydream said...

I love rediscovering things :) Adorable pic!

Helen said...

So smug to be in the 'first world', aren't you? You don't need to mention it jokingly every other post, we all got it by now

show fashion world said...

You have a very nice skirt, very stylish and you have done a great picture. I send a big ea! from Argentina. I'm happy to have found my 'freelancersfashion' and I invite you and all your readers to visit showfashionworld.blogspot.com

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Helen, ha ha whoah, here's somebody not getting it! Familiar with so called 'first world issues' and sarcasm? I'd dare to say pretty much all outfit posts everywhere are just one big first world thing. Some people get imprisoned, tortured for blogging their opinions, other have to walk for hours to get clean water, some can't read, some blog about skirts. It's a fucked up world. There's nothing wrong with lifestyle blogs about nice things and pretty clothes or personal opinions on non important matters, but you have got to take yourself with a bit of salt and think about all of this every once in a while if you run one, or read one. Or bother to comment on one.

Stefanie said...

I like the simplicity of this outfit,a and those boots look great. I find it hard to find shorter boots that don't cut the length of my leg and are still good to wear in winter.

Witchcrafted Life said...

That is such a classic, beautiful skirt shape. It looks marvelous on you, honey - love that you partnered it with lace up boot (so pretty!).

♥ Jessica

Anonymous said...

I' like to comment on Dag's cool shirt and stripped pants! so hipster :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Yes I know, very hipster indeed :D

Unknown said...

Perfect outlook! Every detail is thought over.
I've read an intersting article about increasing popularity of geometrical patterns. Here're some ideas concerning this:
Geometry ahead!
By the way, I followed you up with GFC, it'd be great if you follow me back.