Wednesday 20 February 2013

SHOES & EARRINGS


 An easy party-shoe DIY is to bling up your heels with some jewelry.

 
I have been sparkling up a pair of dance shoes for an upcoming burlesque number, and as always with burlesque more is more is more -there can never be too much bling and sparkle- so also in this case. Instead of gluing hundreds of crystals one by one I cut apart a couple of earrings and a bracelet. And added some swarowskis and pearls string too, once I was at it.  (You may recall me saying I don't like crafting all that much as it is messy and the result not always perfect but sometimes I just don't have a choice. And glittery stuff like this can almost be fun.)


For a more subtle result, that does not look like a unicorn arrived and puked up a bucket of glitter or so, you can get a new fancy smanshy shoe by just attaching one earring, or parts of it, on the side, heel or toe. The best is to choose a light piece that looks more blingy than it is. I got some earrlings on sale from H&M. I use a special embellishment glue called Jewel It which is still elastic after it has hardened and also washable-proof.

5 comments:

The Postcolonial Rabbit said...

This is an amazing idea, totally less hassle than the crystal method! They look gorgeous - I'm a bit of a magpie but I think they look quite elegant and expensive rather than too much!

Dagmara Łacny said...

Wow! Lovely idea! I think I have to try something like this with my old pair of shoes and damaged neklace.

Rhea said...

Those heels look really pretty! :)
Xx
Rhea
http://fuss.co.in

Sarah said...

This is so beautiful and I love how many looks you could achieve with this same technique. Thanks for sharing!

xx S.
The Laughing Medusa

Anonymous said...

This is soooo beautiful ! Just wonderful idea :)

---
http://mariaosk.wordpress.com/