Tuesday 13 October 2009

TULLE, LACE, CATS AND PEARL RIBBON, STRESS AND SILK


I am once again in a very familiar state - the one where I wish the day had more hours and don't have time for everything. (Or when I wish I were a millionaire with a couple of assistants doing all boring chores for me and me not having to work with anything else than what I want to). I'm still quite proud over the fact that I have achieved a lot so far- a part from getting up at 05:40 every day this week to go to work, I've sewn (and sewn very well!) not only one but two very nice burlesque outfits for my shows and even finding the time for a little lindy hopping in between!

You can see the first outfit in a re-vamped number of mine in Tampere, where I'm heading on Thursday with Lola Manchego and Tinkerbell to perform at the Sweet Jeena & Her Sweethearts record release party! There will be a lot of dancing, americana, swing DJ's, chocolate sweet hearts and lovley ladies on stage. (Getting up before six in the morning and doing the two-hours drive to perform in the late evening is less nice however...)

The second outfit can be spotted at Club Wanted VIII on Saturday!

Next week I'm going to sleep a lot.

17 comments:

Aisling said...

I know what you mean about needing more hours in the day. I'm very impressed by anyone sewing things well.
One of the only things I've sewn well was a gothic velvet dress for my Debs (Irish version of a Prom or end of school year dance).
Black Velvet is very forgiving though.

Aisling said...

oh, also your kitty is SO cute!

MargieF said...

aawww you cat is adorable! it looks so cute in all the tulle:)
MargieF
xxx

Anonymous said...

i love the cat... he's so sweety !

Anonymous said...

Loverly! Would love to see your show but I'll be experiencing Americana - for real...in America. Boring.

Kate in Reno

Ann said...

I didn't know you dance Lindy Hop! Couldn't you write more about lindy hopping in Finland? I dance Lindy in Sweden and it's the greatest thing in my life.

workhard said...

lace work and ribbon work is so delicate.. like the second pic

Lise Charmel Parfum Complice Lingerie Collection

eini said...

Oh, cats! This one is Lulu, I guess?

I am going to Club Wanted too for the very first time, how exciting!

Intrinsically Florrie said...

They are such lovely clothes in the photos, and such a sweet cat!
Sewing can be very exhausting,
when you do get a chance to look, I've nominated you for an award at my blog. :) http://intrinsicallyflorrie.blogspot.com/2009/10/oh-my-second-award-d.html

Florrie xx

Gem said...

I do hope you'll be posting pics of these outfits! The snippet looks lovely!
Agreed on needing more hours in the day, my friend texted me earlier and I just have so much to do with uni work that I actually felt like I didn't have time to read a text message! Ridiculous. They should definitely invent some more hours.
x

esme and the laneway said...

Oh I know what you mean – what a week! Will you post the outfits when they are finished!

And – gorgeous kitteh!

pumps & luiers said...

I have this time-trouble all the time, if only we got a few days extra!
cool that you can make your own outfits, I always go to my grandmother to help me ;)

Madeleine Miranda said...

Love your darling little cat! I never tire of your lovely photos...

xxx

Vanessa said...

I love your cat. The outfit looks like it's very pretty, too.

Donell said...

What a beautiful picture of kitty and the finery!

Natalia Romashko said...

wow!5:4it's unreal!))you are very strong woman!)))

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Kate in Reno : I'm sure you get more americana in America :D But our show is not much aboutthat, the bandäs is.

Ann : I just started Lindy Hop this fall after years of wanting to dance. The lindy scene is waaaay smaller over here than in Sweden, in Helsinki there's only one cklub that gives lessons, Comets. Maybe I have to write some more about it eventually!

Eini: yes its Lulu :)

gem fatale : I know, it's ridiculous but I don't "have time" to answers sms' too sometimes...

intinsically Florrie : Oh thanks!