Friday 23 October 2009

LIFE IS SHORT AND FULL OF STUFF

(That's me quoting the wisdom of my friend and burlesque gal Jackie O's new superb tattoo).

But yeah life is full of stuff and here's what's up for the moment :

* I received some of the stuff I've ordered lately. Stuff makes me very happy in many ways. (Not all ways possible, but many.) Ordering online makes me guilty and excited at the same time and picking up the stuff makes me ridiculously happy; it brightens up rainy days or hectic on-the-verge-of-a-burnout periods.


* Yours truly gave her harbor boys a laugh some time ago by answering the question of "what to do when you're underdressed" (my first answer being that I, of course, never am underdressed for any occasion...) by phone to a reporter, while wearing yellow safety clothing, heavy boots, trailer grease from the knees up and dirt from the knees down, loading a ship. The related photoshoot was fun and taken some weeks earlier. (I look like I'm about to eat you and anyone else opening the mag at that spread).


* This sea of sequins, pearls and satin ribbon will turn into yet another burlesque outfit of mine which will premiere on Saturday. Fanicest fabric I've ever bought (I better do that number a lot now). That and a whole lot more can be seen at the L-World party at DTM. (And yes I know, most of you don't live around here and won't make it but I'm going to wear this outfit-to -be on a photoshoot coming up soon so this time there will be pics!)

12 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Looks like some great new things!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

wow thats a lot of red sequins!!!

Rosie Unknown said...

Sequins....


Pretty, pretty, pretty please show us that stage outfit!

esme and the laneway said...

And yay for the cramps! gorgeous looking stuff there, I love that yellow and that mint green, and those flower lips... actually I just want them all pls k thanx ha!

Congrats on the magazine spread, you look great!

Fiona Timantti said...

Näytät sikahyvältä tossa lehtijutussa! Bongasin sen eilen :)

B-b-b-etty said...

hihi håller med, är så roligt att få post med något tjusigt i. underbar grön färg på bettie page-plagget

pumps & luiers said...

totally feel what you mean with online-ordering: I always surrender to easely

OdetteO said...

I don't know why, but that last photo with all the sequins & beads makes me extremely happy - something about the colors...

Andi B. Goode said...

I love those haircombs. They're so pretty.
And the tattoo quote was bugging me because I knew it sounded familiar but then I realised it's because it's from a song by The Cramps!
-Andi x

stephanie said...

I've been completely in love with that gorgeous ModCloth yellow dress since it appeared on the site!
Let us know how you look in it!

Stephie

Cherrydots said...

Ihana lause ystäväsi tatuoinnissa. Ei voisi oikeampaan osua!

Riikka Aaltonen said...

Yay, you got that Bettie Page dress!
I can't wait to see the pictures of you wearing it.

This post actually inspired me to browse through Modcloth and I found myself falling head over heels for the Bettie Page's new grey secretary dress.
..Not spending money is hard.