Thursday 22 October 2009

VAUDEVILLE BOUTIQUE

I'm proud of my friends - my fellow burlesque performers Mimi de FrouFrou, Lafayette Lestrange and Olivia Rouge have opened a shop for all burlesque and retro lovers in their home town of Tampere!




Vaudeville Boutique is a beautiful shop full of pretty, kitschy and delicious things from labels such as Stop Staring, What Katie Did and Kiss Me Deadly - not to forget a bunch of Finnish designers and friends as well; hats and fascinators from Fiona Timantti, accessories from Molla Mills, clothing from Mirkka Metsola and Olivia Rouge herself, plus many more. Olivia also has her small studio upstairs where she can sew you custom clothing.

The store is located just by the train station on Rautatienkatu 26 so if you visit Tampere you'll find it hard to miss. If you are a local I take it you've been to the store already, right?

For all of you everywhere elsewhere than around here the online shop is begin constructed.

This is surely the largest dressing room in Tampere! It actually is a room.

I payed the store a late night visit before a show of ours over there and got myself a hair clip from Olivia Rouge, which I attached to my angora beret instead of my hair. (Because you can do that too you know :)

(Ps. Mimi will be our guest star on Club Wanted in Novemeber!)

14 comments:

esme and the laneway said...

The store looks great. And I love bows on berets. :)

Sasha said...

What a great idea! I thinl I will book a trip to Tampere as soon as possible.

Joy said...

Oh, todella kauniisti laitettu ikkunat!

Kaunis kuva myös bloggaajasta, Trendissäkin! ;)

Marta said...

Oh my God I need to visit!

Idun said...

ok I need to go to Finland...soon!

Fliris said...

Cool! Why aren't there any shops like that in Oslo? How do you manage to not ruin your hair when you're wearing hats/berets/headbands for the cold? Or do you just keep them on? hehe.

Jalouse said...

Like a candy store!

You look beautiful in that beret :)

Anonymous said...

It looks positively dreamy in there!

Rosie Unknown said...

I can`t wait to see the online store!

WendyB said...

Love the idea of decorating a beret. I always mean to do that and forget, but this is inspiring...

Kitten loves vintage said...

Omg! I am so going to tampere asap, this place looks amazing! Thanks for the tip!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Loving the little vintage store, looks like it would be awsome!! Pity I live in UK

Rhia said...

I think I only know one place that has bigger fitting rooms than that. Thats wedding shop in Tullintori, Tampere, my old job.
Anyway, Vaudeville is pretty little shop.

What we four say said...

Oh my that store looks amazing, I wish it was closer! You are darling as usual!