Tuesday 2 November 2010

CURTAINS

Slowly and certainly the flat is becoming closer to getting ready. Some things get done easily, but others take time and a few remain eternal projects that will never be finished...

I had a hard time choosing curtains for our living room as I had no idea what to search for nor could I really find any good enough inspiration online or in magazines. in such cases is only one thing left to do - wait, and let whatever it is you are looking for find you instead. And then one day indeed I stumbled upon a fabric was just right.



I sports the same kind of patterns as our living room wallpaper. Not indentical, and in stronger colours, but with the same kid of theme.


The wallpaper is called Bownet, designed by Jukka Pellinen in the 1950's and is now in production again. It comes in four colour variations and is sold at Tapettitalo. Our bedroom wallpaper, designed by Birger Kapiainen in the 50's, is also from there. I know you can call and order in Finland, so perhaps it is possible also from abroad...


I made cushion covers form what was left of the fabric.
'Now if I wuld just manage to tidy up it would look really really nice here at home...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the prints of the fabric and the wallpaper!

Anaïs said...

I was looking for curtains too the past weeks, so I know exaclty what you're talking about! I always say that if "it doesn't speak to you" there's no use in going on searching ... In the end I saw the perfect ones, eyeing for me ^^

They fit really nicely with the wallpaper btw.

Randi said...

That wallpaper is divine! (and your kitty is adorable)

Veronica Darling... said...

How amazing that you found the patterns that were so similar!

Very gorgeous, and it's all looking perfect from this side of the computer!

Katja said...

They are nice! Did you sew them yourself? We are also having the curtain thing here. But not only the choice of the fabric, we don't know yet which system we will use to hang them... So at this moment we're living in à large fishbowl ;)

bunny said...

I like very much the pattern of the curtains, and it is really very similar to the one on your livingroom's wallpaper! Good match!

B.

Marie said...

Very pretty curtains... And the wallpaper is so nice, just perfect.

Sam Harvey said...

really great choices. i can just see some of your red accents working well with the gray tones. black cats rule the planet!

ina said...

Yes yes yes, that is so right!

Boo Boo Kitty said...

I like posts about interiors just as much as i like you outfit posts! Or am i just being nosey! x

Looks ace.. i m trying to being in pattern into my living room, but not sure what.. looking for atomic prints with red in them.... the search goes on!

BooBoo xx

pumps & luiers said...

nice, nice, nice! I wish we would come to the point of decorating but when stil have sooo many things to do: sanding, stripping old paint! But I can watch your progression as inspiration!

Anni said...

Voih, ihanat! Mistä ostit kankaan? :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to see an overview of your house when it is as good as finished. Every time you show a bit more, I get more astonished. I would love to have my future home having the same '50s atmosphere.

Miss Rascal said...

Snyggt!

Hade samma problem, inget tyg passade sa jag vantade och tillslut hittade jag ett supercoolt tyg pa rea i en tygaffar i USA. Kopte 23 meter. :)

Alskar dina tapeter!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Thank you all. This will be a collective answer :)

After browsing the web, fleamarkets and lots of stores I found the fabric at Eurokangas in Tapiola. That's like the most basic fabric store...
I also like to do interior posts and should just tidy up in order to get a post done about the flat.. But it gets so messy with kid on the house every second week, but most of all due to me running arpund on shows, leaving my burlesque bags here and there :P
I sewed the curtains myself.

Kate Rose said...

Beautiful, I always adore your cat.

Check out my blog I have a GIVEAWAY going.
http://bespokerose.blogspot.com/

Aino said...

Got the same curtains, love them<3 Although mine are hung the other way around, so that the pattern looks like there are big diamonds..:)

Anonymous said...

I like your curtains too. We found some great drapery hardware recently at curtain-tracks.com. Lots of different curtain track systems for ceiling and wall mount installations. It may be helpful for Nurse Billy above.

[url]www.curtain-tracks.com[/url].

hope505 said...

Awesome!! Good score & so wonderful how the designs complement eachother!