Tuesday 16 November 2010

PREPPY IN PURPLE

Today I've been shopping colorful lights for the balcony (Kitsch! Crazy! Wooh!) and now I plan to spend the rest of the evening not tidying up but browsing interior design magazines instead. Those are the only ones I order and read (almost) nowadays. I just cant get enough! Might have myself a glass of red too now that I think of it.

It's so dark at five o'clock already it's pretty much impossible to get the colours of any outfit but there's a lot of purple in this one. Or, maybe not that much, but the cardigan and the tights. A little more than just some.

(Here I'm illustrating how it looks with me not tidying up but reading those magazines. Sans the red though.)

The skirt is the one from Zara, shoes vintage and the baby blue blouse Freddies of Pinewood.

And yes, can't help it but I think things like this is very funny. Sneaking in to photos.
Haha.

21 comments:

pinupcandy said...

Great photos, I have the same problem with the light... I am waiting for fresh winter mornings when it will not be a problem. Great make up and set.

D Dierks said...

Beautiful and fun! I love the vintage look, you do it the best! It's demure and hot at the same time, perfect!

Dave Feucht said...

Your place is really looking great from the photos you've posted.

I've been enjoying a couple small cups of sake while cooking lately, it's been a really nice flavor and feeling - and of course you can have it chilled or hot, depending on the mood :)

Also, that last photo *is* very funny, it made me smile :)

Cheers!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Oh you have a Smeg fridge, you lucky thing! I have always wanted one of those. Great outfit, manages to be both preppy and elegant.

Mrs Munster said...

That last photo was indeed very funny! I just loooove the fridge of yours. Your place is looking very cozy.

Chhan said...

Lovely outfit :)

Alex Ingram said...

You are so beautiful and I love the classical outfit
tuxandtie.blogspot.com | twitter.com/tuxandtie

Q's Daydream said...

Adorable!
I Loveeeeee your kitchen!

WendyB said...

That last pic is too cute!

healy said...

Gorgeous classic outfit!!! You look so simple, and it fits you well.

Dial V for Vintage said...

Very elegant, I love your hair! :)

johanna said...

love the new hair colour. :)

Amanda Awesome said...

A while back you asked what we'd like to see more of on your blog...I'd love to see more hair tuts!

jewlover2 said...

Your use of tights is inspirational to me...sounds silly but is SO true. :) Gorgeous as always, dahlink.

Steffaree said...

You are an inspiration for me as well! I second what Amanda Awesome said, I'd love to see more Hair Tutorials. Your hair is so stunning! The darker color is beautiful!

Mary Ann said...

The hair looks great and I love the retro fridge!

Susie said...

Purple is your color, love! Also, the lighting adds a wonderful ambiance. Your kitchen is coming along nicely... makes me want some time to work on my own!

the little bukowski said...

i stumbled upon your blog via a photo a friend sent me and those are the little kitten salt and peper shakers from my store! i'm so glad to see they're well loved! cute blog! nice work!
xo
the little bukowski

hope505 said...

Very collegiate! I love the look! And yes, you are like one of your cats in the last pic, sneaking in *heehee!

Clara Cupcakes said...

Gorgeous as always! I love your amazing smeg fridge! I want one!

Evis said...

I love the photo where you sit at the table. And I know everything about the lack of light - but in four months it will get better ;)