Friday, 26 November 2010

IN THE KITCHEN / ICING THE CAKE






I made a cake for my father's birthday (date- banana with apple yoghurt frosting) which we celebrated at our place. My sisters and their boyfriend also came over, it was very nice. The cake turned out real good but I only got a shot of the last piece afterwards.

(And yes, I know Sir Pekka is performing his evening 'grooming' procedure in the later pictures but hey, that's natural; what cats do, so no need to photoshop him out in the name of prudence or so :)

25 comments:

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Delicious! How does one make an apple yoghurt frosting?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Penny : I just made it up as the cake is normally a "dry" one, I had to think of something to match it. I let some yoghurt run trough a filter for some hours, mixed it with a little butter and fresh mashed apples and icing sugar.

40sfemme said...

I love how at least one cat manages to be in almost every picture on your blog. They are very cute!

Eveliina said...

Just saw U on telly!
:D

Miss Rayne said...

Nearly iced-kitty too

Mariemeier_art said...

very nice kitchen... and your cake looks amazing... I would taste it !

Stephanie Lynn said...

You are so cute! The cake sounds yummy!

Aisling said...

I love the snapshots into your pretty world. The cake looks delicious!

Olivia Rouge said...

ahh you are the perfect houswife, marry me ulrika? :D

Anonymous said...

Haha, cat licking it's ass on the background of one pic. :D

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

40s femme : yes it's hard to avoid around here :D

Prefecta : oh, what was it? Was it the Rock-suomi thing?

Olivia : But I would have to tell you first that the kitchen was a lot messier before I tidied it up for the party. You know, you'll have to know that side of me too first :D

Anonymous: yup, as you can read from the post I comment on his evening grooming in the background.

Olivia Rouge said...

Darn.. I'm not much of a cleaner myself.. maybe we can work it out somehow :D

Katja said...

Jimmy & Rodido wants to let Pekka know that he looks good! hihi My black boys are sitting here on the desk, and esp. Rodido is 'staring' at the pc screen :)

Banana-date, sounds good. Almost as good to get me in the kitchen but noooo not this weekend :)

mispapelicos said...

Love every image in your post: de old fridge, the cat, the outfit, the cake...
You are inspiring to me beyond words.
Un abrazo my friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

pumps & luiers said...

looks superdelishes!

Indian Sarees said...

Great post.... thanks for sharing....

Leia said...

What a pretty kitchen and what a yummy-looking cake :) You look so perfect too!

♥ Leia

Anonymous said...

And the cake really did taste good!
(Said the person who had the chance to later on eat the last scrumptious piece)

Anonymous said...

Sir Pekka shows a bit of leg in the last picture, oh la la!

Juliana Robin said...

I just loved your kitchen!! So cute and retro! (loved the cat as well) ^^

Roxy said...

your kitchen is darling, i am truley jealous :)

Maja said...

your cats are so beautiful. Are they indoor cats or do they go outside too? They seem bigger than normal "farm cats"... Love you kitchen;)

bunny said...

I really love your kitchen!

B.

Sarah said...

Wow, kitchen envy! Your flat looks just perfect - so cosy

hope505 said...

No! *haha! Don't ever photoshop out a cat! They are meant to be in this world ~ meyow! ~
* : )