Friday 10 December 2010

COMBINED

Cold, snowy and windy weather isn't much about outfits to take pictures of but more about keeping warm. And it's also pretty damn dark most of the day so one might as well forget about natural light in photos.

But anyway, my point here was actually the one that you can very well use your summer dresses even though it's cold (well, when quite cold, not real freezing like minus twenty cold though), as long as you just layer right (remember?). Not the most sheer ones of course, but a good ol' cotton dress will do, preferably lined, worn with a long slip underneath, a blouse, cardigan and enough of stockings and socks.


I've been wearing some of my Trashy Diva dresses with wool stockings lately. The cardigan is vintage; a present from Ina for my birthday. The hat is from Made By (the Finnish version of esty). Lace up boots are old Vagabond.

16 comments:

Ms. Falcon said...

lovely winter-outfit. those boots are absolutly perfect.

http://www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Sam Harvey said...

What a great idea! My thing is this...skirts without lining gets all zhuzhy when i wear stockings. your french print is so adorable!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Sam Harvey : yes I know, that's why you have to wear that slip, or a silky under skirt!

Anonymous said...

I just bought a summer dress of modcloth. I contemplated it for a minute but was like screw it! I'll just wear tights and a sweater and make it work until Spring!

Andi said...

I wear my summer dresses year round because I haven't been living in places that have real winters for very long. Wool tights and underskirts/slips definitely make it easy to wear stuff year round.

For The Love of Bettie said...

Love the Hat! Love the boots! Love the coat!
you keep me inspired to still look cute and girlie when it's cold out LOL
i live in Canada so i need all your tips and tricks :-)

kia said...

I love dressing up like this, more than summer outfits. a singlet in wool, wool stockings, wool cardigan,, silk underdress, big scarf, mittens and bonnet - and whatever dress i want to:)

i guess it's a matter of survival (I'm norwegian)

mispapelicos said...

You are one of my favourite bloggers in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sarsaparilla said...

Love the gorgeous print on that skirt - and what a fun way to brighten up the long, dreary winters! Most of us are a bit too set in our ways with what's appropriate for different seasons. Thanks for the inspiration!

p.s. I'm having a Giveaway right now - two winners...you might want to take a peek!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to layer! Why didn't I think of it? I am so going to copy this look. Hope you don't mind but my creativity does not stretch to fashion.

Thanks
sal

Andrea said...

What a wonderful coat! When I read your article I remembered having a similar brown leather-coat with fake fur inside from my grandmother. Hopefully I find the belt cause it is one size too big for me...Have a nice holiday and merry cristmas!
Andrea from Germany

Johanna Vargas said...

Lovely!

www.janetteria.com said...

Amazing coat!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Boo Boo Kitty said...

I Have the problem that i put weight on EVERY winter.. so my summer dresses are all one size smaller than i am in the winter :( need to lay off all that stodgy winter food! x

Miss Rascal said...

Snyggis! <3

Louise LeMans said...

Ahhh, that is my FAVORITE Trashy Diva print ever.

You're doing a fabulous job adapting the summer dresses to winter. Gorgeous!