Thursday 2 December 2010

WHEN JUST AT HOME pt.2; more soft, more comfy

Last week I wrote about what I wear around the house or on days that I am not particularly "going anywhere". My knitted and stretchy skirt and dresses yes, but there is an even more comfy version that I often do when going to work or going out to the countryside. More practical, but still nice;I like to layer a lot of whatever nice and soft, those items that I have but not get to wear too much otherwise.

Mostly comfy tops or thermals, my print tees and shirts, stockings, a lot of socks and leg warmers, the more the better, a bit boho but even more hobo (you know, in a good way :)

The colder it gets, the more I just layer, my favourite for the time being the a pair of funny black puffy knee-lengh trousers that combined with grey knitted knee socks, my vintage collar knit and old work wear boots (I have a bunch of those as I get new ones every year in the harbour) make me look like it's the thirties and I'm gong skiing (that some of you on my facebook page wondered about yesterday).

But mostly it's just a long cardi, tights and a pair of ridiculously small shorts (as I never get to wear such around town).

Everything in the pictures is old, except for my motorcycle print shirt which is new from Morgan's & Philips.

19 comments:

Carys said...

I wish I looked so chic in my casualwear! I love this outfit, you look really nice.
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Anonymous said...

oh my dear god how can you be so beautiful.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Carys & Anonynous : thank you, but I do have to admit that I did my hair (great tip: wear a hat, you only need to do half of it :) and something of a nude make up before taking pictures, so the pictures are not straight from the couch!

Alaura Hernandez said...

Yes, but you still look gorgeous! And your hair is always so perfect! :) Eddi is a lucky man!

Leah Harrison said...

It's really nice getting to see this side of you :) You look lovely even in sitting around clothes. Of course your glamorous, vintage side is always a pleasure to see!

Nicola said...

Not only beautiful, but honest too!

Roxy said...

you still look chic when bein oh so comfortable. very inspiring for me :)

binia said...

Your hair has got so healthy and long since you gave up the bleach!
Very beautiful.
And you look so chich when lounging around; I'm still at the tracksuit bottom and boifriend teeshirt stage!

David Himel said...

well...I got to this blog through my blog...one of my friends follows you, very nice blog. Im in the vintage clothing and clothing design business and I am always blown away by people who embrace rockabilly, suicide aesthetics and vintage in of all places...Finland! Your shipping bills must be killer (mom is estonian and grew up in Tempere) BTW nice blog...very impressed
David www.vintageleatherjackets.blogspot.com

mariemeier_art said...

you're always so nice ! I would be like that at home !

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

You still look pretty great just in houe clothes - as soon as I get home from work I usaully change into pajamas!

mispapelicos said...

You are so pretty that need little dressing up.Nice of you to show us what you wear round the house. Many of us wouldn´t, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( scream in terror) hehehe
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Please, please could you consider getting rid of the WORD VERIFICATIO, such a time waster????????????

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you did a post like this! Now I don't feel so bad about myself hahaha!
You look great, as always! I really love that shirt too. Looks comfy!

melina bee said...

your hair is looking so nice, I didn't realize how long it was. have you been toning it warmer or is it the light?

Sam Harvey said...

love this look. i suggest a bulkier skarf though. I guess because you are minimum on the legs. i just bought a ridiculously cool skarf that is out of felt and curvy from curlygirls out of newyork. i love the look. really cool.

pumps & luiers said...

lol just did a post in my comfy look - usually shorts long soks and big sweater, nothing beats that home comfy feeling

your hair loose looks great on you too

Anonymous said...

In agreement - the hair is awesome longer and a warmer shade. It's so surprising to see you in something of a more contemporary look, probably if you wore that all the time it wouldn't have so much impact, but it's SO cool.

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

lucia said...

I must say that in my opinion you look even more beautiful ( how is that possible??!! ) in that make up and a bit darker hair, than in the super blonde red lips version.
I really like the pinkish lipstick with that new hair colour.

Agence hotesses evenementiel Lyon said...

You look lovely even in sitting around clothes. You are so beautiful. Thanks for posting.