Saturday 24 September 2011

FOUR THINGS THIS WEEK

Every now and then I actually hope for a little flu so I can lie at home in bed with a good consciousness. And perhaps even get that damn wardrobe of mine organized and cleaned out. And with the amount of work that I do, and it's kind, I really do get ill a couple of two three times a year. The only thing is that then I tend to be rather tired, alas, the closet is still un organized.

This week I was home for three days with an ill knee and a slight flu. I did not do any organizing but here's what I did instead:

Stayed in bed drinking smoothies, browsing interior magazines and reading. The cats kept me company.


Re-planetd some of my pelargoniums in bigger pots. And made those ticklie things. I am not totally hopeless when it comes to plants.

OK Alright, I know they're called cuttings! I just think ticklies would sound better (and it would derive from the Swedish word for cuttings; stickling).


Had lots of peppermint tea with honey waffles. And Laponian bread cheese! I you may recall I tend to get addicted to certain foods for a period and now it's bread cheese. (Those waffles are a long term favorite.) Its a firm, rather tasteless fresh cheese that goes squisch squash when you chew it. Should be eten with cloudberry jam, although strawberry also works. I remember the disappointment when I first tasted it as a child; I thought it was a pancake.


And then I've been trying to sketch on a work I have waiting for me. With chicks and cup cakes. But so far I haven't made it that far. Blah.

9 comments:

Miss Margarita said...

You got lots of things done for being ill :) All I've managed to do in between sneezing and coughing is cooking a carrot and garlic soup ;) Hope you feel better!

Rosie said...

You are so productive for someone with a flu! Last time I got sick I broke out crying because university applications were too confusing and refused to eat for days because nothing tasted right.

Anonymous said...

Sinullakin on iki-ihanaa Taika-sarjaa! Minun lempiastiastoni. Nyt tuli sille kova kilpailija: Arabian TUOKIO.

Rose said...

I hope you are feeling better. I love your drawings. I usually don't think to be creative when I'm sick for fear that it'll turn out badly (like sewing- which I do every week but which requires lots of energy). But, drawing might do next time I'm couch-bound.

tanïa said...

Seems to be quite relaxing when you're ill? Wish I had that time to act my flu out last week, but I had to attend lectures with a sick foggy head, a running nose and a bad cough. :(

And how do you like "One day"? It was one of my favourite books at last, couldn't stop reading until it was finished!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

I haven'r really stared One Day properly yet; we're reading Isabelle Allende together out loud with Eddi first. It's great hobby to read out loud to one another! Really otherwise, reading and, planting and eating ain't that much of doing, really :)

esme and the laneway said...

Great productive ill time! I think I am going to call cuttings ticklies from now on ;)

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

I hope you feel better soon :)

<3
K

Olivia Rose said...

Ah, I haven't had honey waffles in ages. Hope you feel better soon lovely!