Monday 5 September 2011

SAILORETTE AND DYING FLOWERS

Now you m ay know I am sort of home proud and like to keep it nice around me (although no, I may not always perhaps manage to keep it that tidy, ehrm, but I refer to it as a bohemic mess...I know Eddi, my mom or my sister will point this out anyway when they read this.)

I especially like to get plants and flowers and place them out around the house, mostly on the balcony now that we're still on the lighter side of the year.


I also try to remember to take care of them properly.


However, it does not always go that very well.


In fact (oooops)...


...sometimes it goes really really bad.
(I nowadays refer to my balcony as the gothic garden due to all it's dying flowers- the sunflowers did not make it that along either as you may spot from the corner.)


But one does not always have to be perfect at everything.
Or at least not admit it, right? *wink wink*


But oh well, I may not have that green fingers.
But I do have red nails!
And-


a really swell dress!
You did not really think this post was about my balcony gardening now did you?

Perhaps you may remember this dress from a few years back; I bought it from a vintage store in Copenhagen. It only took me two years to sew those two small seams in the back it needed to fit me better. Whoah, I can actually use it now instead of just having it on display on my clothing rack.


And, it's the perfect day dress -haha- it has pockets! You know that immediately raises it on my dress scale. Were I to have such a scale, that is.

The suede shoes are old, very old; my grandmother's from the early fifties and the belt is Vivien of Holloway.



Also, I took these pictures myself. On our balcony. Sometimes when I think about that it seems a bit retarded. But then again ladies, I do have a tongue and I tend to stick it in my cheek from time to time.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look SO 1950's, nice photo series! I know what you mean about green fingers, I have three surviving plants out of many that tragically did not make it!!

Cakes
http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Catarina Paulino said...

wow what a beautiful, very pin up!

kisskiss

Maja said...

haha the first thing I thought was "isn't that the dress from Copenhagen?" and it was (12 points to Denmark Jay;) like the new hair!

A said...

Oh, what a lovely dress! So cute, this is why I adore the 50s. Seeing all your tattoos makes me anxious, I wanna have a tattoo NOW!

esme and the laneway said...

Hahaha absolutely perfect post :) Love your dress too, of course (we all love a self-portrait outfit post) and your gothic garden. Made me smile!

Malayka said...

Ha ha oh I love this! I try to be a good plant owner too... but often fail! Love your little sailor dress, it's beautiful.

Emma Litton said...

This dress is wonderful! I adore the blue color on you.

xo,
Em

Rosie said...

I think you (and your garden, deadness included) look lovely!

And I wouldn't worry about not being able to keep plants alive, my dad's a plant biologist and he kills "hard to kill" plants :P

HalfPint said...

J'adore this dress!!! I was just thinking last night I need something similar.

Also? My green thumb is more of a brown hue.

Nelly said...

No green fingers here either but least you look lovely in your outfit.

khristie B said...

Fabulous frock. It has inspired me to pull my un-green fingers out and make myself a sailor dress, I have the fabric sitting there waiting.

Kristina said...

Perfect posing! Lovely dress!
///Kristina

La Mome Neant said...

"I may not have that green fingers. But I do have red nails!"

Well said! I'll try to remember this witty sentence next time I'll be neglecting my plants!

Anonymous said...

Tarkeneeko parvekkeella viettää aikaa talvellakin? :)

garderobsgrubbel&byråbekymmer said...

wow! lovely pictures!
damn!

//anna
driver Avanna webshop
Just nu fraktfritt med koden HÖSTNYTT
www.avanna.se

lovebites said...

I have just got a similar haircut for the first time and I would love it if you would have time to do a tutorial on this simple but beautiful hairstyle...Thanks! Kathy in New Zealand

Ms. Falcon said...

this day dress is so awesome. i love pockets in dresses an skirts.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

tosi makee toi sun uusi tukka! hyvältä näyttää ja hienot on kuvat! :)

bunny said...

Don't worry some plants are seasonal, and they die at the end of summer, such as sunflowers!
By the way you look very good in your vintage dress!!

B.

Aino said...

Haha, I love imagining you fussing with your tripod and doing silly expressions for the camera on the balcony :D

Zuu said...

What a lovely pictures!

cocktail dresses said...

beautiful pictures..and lovely garden..it looks how much you take care of it....
and ya ..your dress is awesome.."beautiful vintage dress from 1950"

Anonymous said...

aww I love this sailorish dress! I have been searching for one for so long! Please please do a hair tutorial for this hairstyle, it is too cute x

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Anonyymi : pikasen kyllä ku on lasitettu. Ja lämpölamppujakin saa! :)

Claire Eloise &B Lovebytes : hmmm, well, it is actually a very simple style, old curls turning straight that I just brushed inwards and sprayed a lot! The hair needs to be a bit dry and dull from old hairspray, styling etc. for it to work properly.