Friday 2 September 2011

STUFF I REALLY LIKE BUT WOULD NOT NECESSARILY GO FOR MYSELF

Part 1: Pastel lips

I'm pretty sure I couldn't pull it off - or well, I even might, just don't want to - but I still find pastel coloured lipsticks rather delicious! The thing however is that whenever I wear another colour than any shade of red I at some point start regretting I did not wear plain red instead of pink, coral or whatever. Talk about a habit. And no, I really couldn't picture myself in mint green lipstick but I really love the idea of it. Lime Crime has lots of crazy and yummy pastels. And yes, in mint green too! Love the idea.

(Here I have to add hat when I was little mint green was the one colour I could not stand. Maybe because it was everywhere in the eighties. Things change :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love pink, nude and toffee coloured lipsticks! ♥

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Minna : I like toffee and nude colours too! And pink ones :) But the only one I manage to wear of those are some pink shades. I just chicken out and think I will regret not wearing a strong enough colour. Blah me.

Kate McMahon said...

i never ever wear anything but red either, but for a wedding this past weekend i tried MAC in pink plaid, which is a nice matte lipstick... i added a couple of dots of my MAC in viva glam and it made it a nice rosy shade. i've decided to try to be more adventurous and start wearing it in the daytime and when i'm too lazy to line my lips. it seems to be working out ok so far!

london loves said...

Thing is: When are you gonna wear them exept maybe for a photo shoot?
xxx


London Last Night

Rosie said...

I want to love pastel lipsticks, and bright coraly-pinks, but I just can't. They just don't look nice with my complexion. My way around it is to layer a thin layer over a slightly darker than natural lip stain. You get some of the fun, but it still looks pretty.

little said...

i'd rock a pastel pink for sure!

love, little.

Saba said...

I used to hate mint green in my early teens as well.. Actually I used to hate all pastels, but now I love them! Funny how much our taste can change.

Heidi E. Carpenter said...

I used to hate ORANGE! Oh how I loathed it. Reading your post made me realize that perhaps I hated it because of the neon orange everywhere in the 80s.

That aside, I now like orange....time changes taste, I suppose!

WendyB said...

This reminded me there is mint chocolate chip ice cream in the house. I just went and got myself some!