Friday 29 February 2008

HEY OHOY!


I just won the bidding on this little sailor dress on e-bay. That makes me very happy.



(Happy on certain levels, that is. I just read the newspaper that I didn't have time to finish in the morning and it strook me again, as everyday, how many sad and wrong things happen. All the time. Everywhere. There are news and articles everyday that makes me sad or angry. But one thing in the paper made me happy:

Mocha, the baby elephant in Thailand that lost its leg after stepping on a landmine got a prothese and can walk again. And even though the background to the Mocha story is very sad, this picture still made me smile and and wanting to cry a bit in the same time (I always cry a bit if I'm tired and read something that affects me in the paper. I'm a wino when I'm by myself).

6 comments:

terren said...

cute pretty lovely dress.
what a sad story about mocha! i'm glad they found a way to make it better :)

Michelle said...

The dress is soooooo cute!

Riikka Aaltonen said...

I've been dying for a sailor dress lately!
That one is really, really sweet. :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

What a lucky win. I have been trying to get my hands on one like that.

kelsea said...

the dress is very cute. i think i saw the story about the baby elephant to...but just think, he could have NOT survived!

Juliette Rose said...

I'm glad to see i'm not the only person that finds too many awful things happen in the world. But luckily there things like your beautiful blog that brings sunshine into the world.

Right now i'm using your blog as a reward for doing an hour of study. Hence the comments on old posts.

xoxox